Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Our Bowling center reopening

High Roller
    Chats: 0

might go pick up my new DV8 Glam tonight (won it in a raffle a couple weeks ago) if PSO will be there and have it ready. might bowl a few games. will post here if i do
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    might go pick up my new DV8 Glam tonight (won it in a raffle a couple weeks ago) if PSO will be there and have it ready. might bowl a few games. will post here if i do
    You should like the Glam. The DV8 Diva was a very popular ball, and the Glam is an updated Diva. Should give you a nice smooth look on the lane.

I may try to get in to bowl locally here this weekend. We will see. The people in this area are really suffering from cabin fever and eager for recreational activities, so it may be tough to get in before the 50% capacity limit is reached. It would be nice to get a few games in before league starts next week.

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
    You should like the Glam. The DV8 Diva was a very popular ball, and the Glam is an updated Diva. Should give you a nice smooth look on the lane.

I may try to get in to bowl locally here this weekend. We will see. The people in this area are really suffering from cabin fever and eager for recreational activities, so it may be tough to get in before the 50% capacity limit is reached. It would be nice to get a few games in before league starts next week.
    Talked to my PSO and he will be there but they have a meeting at 7:00 then summer league starts right after that so not sure i will get to bowl. i would be open to joining a team tonight if they need another person but if not no biggie.

i opted for the Glam cause i had been struggling on dryer conditions. My Black Widow Gold was my 'weaker' ball then my Brunswick Rhino pearl with a big gap in between. Hoping this Glam will fit right in there. And just bought 2 more numbers to try to win another ball this week....lol

My Squatch and BWG were almost identical with the BWG going slightly longer but more snap at the end of the pattern. I tried adding surface to the Rhino but with such a weak core and my lower revs it just wouldn't turn. 2 of my balls are still at the center in the storage room. I will probably retire the BWG now that i have the Glam. And the Glam is supposed to have a switch grip. Never had a switch grip before so will see how that is
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Ringer

Talked to my PSO and he will be there but they have a meeting at 7:00 then summer league starts right after that so not sure i will get to bowl. i would be open to joining a team tonight if they need another person but if not no biggie.

i opted for the Glam cause i had been struggling on dryer conditions. My Black Widow Gold was my 'weaker' ball then my Brunswick Rhino pearl with a big gap in between. Hoping this Glam will fit right in there. And just bought 2 more numbers to try to win another ball this week....lol

My Squatch and BWG were almost identical with the BWG going slightly longer but more snap at the end of the pattern. I tried adding surface to the Rhino but with such a weak core and my lower revs it just wouldn't turn. 2 of my balls are still at the center in the storage room. I will probably retire the BWG now that i have the Glam. And the Glam is supposed to have a switch grip. Never had a switch grip before so will see how that is
    The Glam should go slightly longer and have a little less backend than the Squatch. Sounds like what you were looking for!

Just heard that masks will be optional at our bowling center. That doesn't inspire confidence...

High Roller

Just got back. The new ball isn't drilled yet but it was there in the box. Not that it matters but here are the numbers on it. 15lb 4 oz. top = 2.7 oz. Pin = 3-4". I told him tonight I wanted him to get my stats sometime soon. Never had my PAP or anything checked. In his defense I had been experimenting with releases so never asked him to do it until I got something I was comfortable with.

So masks were optional and I didn't see anyone wearing one. They were walking around wiping things done a few times while I was there. We had 6 of us per pair (3 man teams). There were no restrictions but I tried to be careful about touching others or getting too close.

Used my Squatch all 4 games. Usually it falls off by end of game 3 but it held in there all night and the lanes were a little dry. Threw 10 in a row tonight ending game 3 with 7 then opening game 4 with 3. 167, 183, 246, 190. 2 of those strikes were Brooklyns but the rest were strong pocket shots
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Ringer

Just got back. The new ball isn't drilled yet but it was there in the box. Not that it matters but here are the numbers on it. 15lb 4 oz. top = 2.7 oz. Pin = 3-4". I told him tonight I wanted him to get my stats sometime soon. Never had my PAP or anything checked. In his defense I had been experimenting with releases so never asked him to do it until I got something I was comfortable with.

So masks were optional and I didn't see anyone wearing one. They were walking around wiping things done a few times while I was there. We had 6 of us per pair (3 man teams). There were no restrictions but I tried to be careful about touching others or getting too close.

Used my Squatch all 4 games. Usually it falls off by end of game 3 but it held in there all night and the lanes were a little dry. Threw 10 in a row tonight ending game 3 with 7 then opening game 4 with 3. 167, 183, 246, 190. 2 of those strikes were Brooklyns but the rest were strong pocket shots
    Great bowling!

Yeah, this is exactly what I am concerned about. I am supposed to start summer league next week but I am seriously on the fence about it right now. It simply amazes me that people are so quick to eschew masks in what is unarguably a high transmission risk environment such as a bowling alley. I desperately want to get back to bowling, but at the same time I do not want to put myself at undo risk of getting this stupid virus. It is a very difficult decision at this point.

High Roller

Yeah I was kind of regretting agreeing to bowl but I had already committed and I like to keep my word. Also like to keep my health...lol.
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
    Great bowling!

Yeah, this is exactly what I am concerned about. I am supposed to start summer league next week but I am seriously on the fence about it right now. It simply amazes me that people are so quick to eschew masks in what is unarguably a high transmission risk environment such as a bowling alley. I desperately want to get back to bowling, but at the same time I do not want to put myself at undo risk of getting this stupid virus. It is a very difficult decision at this point.
    Yeah I was kind of regretting agreeing to bowl but I had already committed and I like to keep my word. Also like to keep my health...lol.
    While wearing a mask does not completely protect the wearer, it does or at least appears to reduce the chances of being infected.
    John

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    While wearing a mask does not completely protect the wearer, it does or at least appears to reduce the chances of being infected.
    Agreed, it is more to protect others. If everyone would wear one the risk is reduced. The people not wearing them at all are the people putting others at risk if they are asymptomatic and unknowingly infected. It is a social courtesy at the very least. A way to say "Hey, I care about what is going on and am doing my part to help while I am outside my house."

The governor of Nevada just announced that, beginning Friday, it is mandated that everyone wear a mask whenever they are outside of their homes. While no fines or penalties have yet been announced, my cousin in Washington informed me that not wearing a mask is a major misdemeanor in that state. Can't wait to go to the bowling center on Friday and see how many of the idiots that I've been seeing continue to ignore logic and common sense!

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast