Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Our Bowling center reopening

High Roller
    Chats: 0

Deleted
    Last edited by boatman37; 06-26-2020 at 07:51 AM.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Well won another ball last night...lol. posted more detail in the Ball section but figured i'd throw it in here since i had already mentioned it. Haven't picked up the Glam yet.
    BTW-the drawing is based on the powerball. pick a number 1-26 and pay $10 for it. the first time i won i just picked a number i liked. this time i googled a random number generator and set the parameters 1-26 and it picked 23...lol. so i have won 2 out of the 3 they have raffled.

here is what is left. i plan to use the Glam to replace my Black Widow Gold. i rarely ever use the kingpin and hardly use the conspiracy. ideas or suggestions? all balls are layed out very similarly. i'm about 300-325 RPM and about 16.5 MPH at the pins.

Thanks!

Congrats!

Wow, those are all really strong balls. If you already have a Kingpin and a Conspiracy, that knocks out the Conspiracy Theory, Pitbull, Proof, and Prism Warp.

I have seen the Squatch Hybrid in use at my center, and it is very condition specific. You already have a Squatch, not sure if you would need the hybrid version as well.

That leaves the Uppercut and the Authority. Both pearls. Uppercut is symmetrical, Authority is asymmetrical. Authority would give you a look very similar to the BWG. The Uppercut would be similar to your Squatch, but the surface on it would pick up a little sooner in the mid-lane. It is a tough call.

If you want another asymmetrical pearl to truly replace the BWG, go with the Authority.

If you want another symmetrical pearl, and something stronger/flippier than the Glam, go with the Uppercut.

High Roller

Deleted
    Last edited by boatman37; 06-26-2020 at 07:51 AM.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    when i won the first one and took the Glam i was going back and forth between the Glam, Uppercut and Authority. i'm leaning towards the Uppercut unless somebody chimes in with a better option or reason why i shouldn't take that one.

My Conspiracy and Kingpin are very close together and so is the Squatch and BWG. The BWG seems to go slightly longer with a little sharper break than the Squatch but not by much. During the winter league (pre-Covid...lol) the Conspiracy and Kingpin were rolling out early unless I stayed inside the 10 board closer to the 15 board. My accuracy isn't as good inside for some reason and my ball pretty much goes straight then
    I have a DV8 Pitbull that I have literally never thrown. I had a DV8 Endless Nightmare (an early predecessor to the Pitbull) and absolutely loved it. It was an absolute monster that let me really open up a lane. Went to put it in my bag one day, and found it cracked all the way around. That was the only time I was truly sad about finding a cracked bowling ball [normally I couldn't care less, but I loved that Endless Nightmare] Bought the Pitbull to replace it, had it drilled, and have never thrown it. Been having such great success with the Radical Ludicrous and Beyond Ridiculous that I haven't needed something as strong as the Pitbull.

I have a Brunswick Fearless, DV8 Turmoil 2 solid, DV8 Turmoil 2 pearl, and a Storm Soniq in storage that all still need to be drilled. I am not a huge fan of Storm, but got an amazing deal on the Soniq so I picked it up to try Storm one more time.

Summer league starts next week. I am going to go ahead and do it since I already committed to it. I looked at some data, and our surrounding 13 townships were only responsible for 7% of all of the cases in our county so far. That seems like a pretty safe number to me and says I would not be walking in to a powder keg of coronavirus. Hopefully our area won't see a huge surge and send us back in to stay-at-home orders. This fall/winter could get interesting, though.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Interesting story about wearing masks and bowling, Hillsborough County put in place a mandatory mask order recently. This order placed the burden of enforcing this order on business owners, It basically said the owners had to force people to wear masks or throw them out. If they didn't do so it could mean a $500 fine or up to two months in jail.. Needless to say the owners don't like that idea and are starting to fight it.

So this order is being re-evaluated by the board that put it in place, One of the business's that got their attention was the owner's of Brandon Crossroads Bowl which is a big bowling center here. I've bowled league and tournaments there several times.

The owner told how at league 10% of the bowlers quit on the spot and of the ones that remained, by the third game over half quit wearing them. Things got worse another night a guy was playing pool without a mask, they tried to get him to wear one, He broke a pool que over his knee, threw it at the bartender cussing her out before he left.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Ringer

I bowled this past Saturday for the first time in 14 weeks. Masks are encouraged but optional. The center isn't even requiring them for spectators or non-bowling customers (which is technically a violation of state guidelines.) All the employees had on masks. I was literally the only customer in the center wearing a mask. I wore it the whole time I was there, including while bowling. Bowled for an hour, got in four games. Wasn't a big deal. Bowling isn't the most exerting of sports where you need to take in massive amounts of air like running, weight training, cycling, etc. You are on the approach for less than a minute to deliver the ball.

The mask issue is just getting out of hand. If people are asked to wear a mask, then they should wear the mask. It is the responsible thing to do. They are not going away for quite some time, so it is best to just get used to it. It is just an additional article of clothing. It is not a violation of your rights, it is not a political statement, it is simply something that should be worn out of respect to others. Similar to guys who walk around in the summer without shirts on. They have to throw on a shirt before going in to a store. Just throw on the mask. Maybe the new rules should be "No shirt, no shoes, no mask, no service."

It isn't like cases of the virus are dropping. They are surging and states are starting to shut things down again. If people would maintain social distance, wear masks, and keep their hands clean this wouldn't happen. Instead people are running around like nothing ever happened, packing in to confined spaces, and generally doing whatever they want. I was in a convenience store/food mart/gas station yesterday. Huge sign on the door said "Masks MUST be worn while inside." People freely walking in and around the food mart with no masks on. Ordering food, getting coffee/drinks, etc.

Y'all, not to step on any toes, but you don't need to wear a mask if you have a medical or mental health condition in the state of PA. It can be very harmful to some people. I know of one girl who got a blood disease because she was forced to wear a mask at her job. Because somebody isn't wearing a mask, you shouldn't shame them for it, because maybe they can't or shouldn't. Some people are just plain mean to them, if they don't know the person's story. There are a lot of people with medical conditions out there. People should be more caring about their situations and not jump to conclusions.

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by J Daisy View Post
    Y'all, not to step on any toes, but you don't need to wear a mask if you have a medical or mental health condition in the state of PA. It can be very harmful to some people. I know of one girl who got a blood disease because she was forced to wear a mask at her job. Because somebody isn't wearing a mask, you shouldn't shame them for it, because maybe they can't or shouldn't. Some people are just plain mean to them, if they don't know the person's story. There are a lot of people with medical conditions out there. People should be more caring about their situations and not jump to conclusions.
    That's understood, and if there is a legitimate reason why someone is not wearing a mask that is a whole different story. The problem is, many people (especially here in PA where you don't have to prove you have a medical condition) are using that as an excuse to not wear a mask in public. When there are 100 customers in the bowling center, and only 5-10 are wearing masks, that means there are 90-95 people with potential health conditions? Unlikely. Those people are making life difficult for those that truly cannot wear a mask. Businesses don't know if the customers are truly impaired or if they are just using it as an excuse to come inside without a mask.

Some doctors have even argued that aside from a severe skin condition on someone's face, there are no known health problems that can prevent someone from wearing a mask. One doctor even made the point that if you wear a scarf on your face in the winter to stay warm, you can certainly wear a cloth mask while you are in a store. Many times it simply boils down to someone finding the right type of mask for them and the fitment. Many people are wearing masks incorrectly, or way too tightly, and that is what is causing them to have issues.

Technically, I am one of those people that could use the excuse because I have asthma and some permanent physical mobility issues that make it difficult for me to put on a mask. Sometimes it can take me over a minute to put on a mask. However, I do it out of respect for other people and to be a responsible citizen. I have empathy for anyone that struggles day to day in just doing the basic things in life, as I have dealt with similar issues for decades. The people who take advantage of the situation, and selfishly refuse to do their part, are the ones that deserve criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
    That's understood, and if there is a legitimate reason why someone is not wearing a mask that is a whole different story. The problem is, many people (especially here in PA where you don't have to prove you have a medical condition) are using that as an excuse to not wear a mask in public. When there are 100 customers in the bowling center, and only 5-10 are wearing masks, that means there are 90-95 people with potential health conditions? Unlikely. Those people are making life difficult for those that truly cannot wear a mask. Businesses don't know if the customers are truly impaired or if they are just using it as an excuse to come inside without a mask.

Some doctors have even argued that aside from a severe skin condition on someone's face, there are no known health problems that can prevent someone from wearing a mask. One doctor even made the point that if you wear a scarf on your face in the winter to stay warm, you can certainly wear a cloth mask while you are in a store. Many times it simply boils down to someone finding the right type of mask for them and the fitment. Many people are wearing masks incorrectly, or way too tightly, and that is what is causing them to have issues.

Technically, I am one of those people that could use the excuse because I have asthma and some permanent physical mobility issues that make it difficult for me to put on a mask. Sometimes it can take me over a minute to put on a mask. However, I do it out of respect for other people and to be a responsible citizen. I have empathy for anyone that struggles day to day in just doing the basic things in life, as I have dealt with similar issues for decades. The people who take advantage of the situation, and selfishly refuse to do their part, are the ones that deserve criticism.
    We can agree to disagree on some of those points. I think there are a lot more people who shouldn't wear masks because of a mental or physical problem than you do. I know of one person who suffers from depression, and the mask is more harmful to their mental state than it is good. Just because they can wear a mask doesn't mean they should. The entire ADA agrees with me, so a few disagreeing docs don't matter to me.

Also, nobody should ever be made to prove a health condition. Geeze. Is nothing sacred? People can get fined a steep amount just for asking, and rightly so in my opinion.

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by J Daisy View Post
    We can agree to disagree on some of those points. I think there are a lot more people who shouldn't wear masks because of a mental or physical problem than you do. I know of one person who suffers from depression, and the mask is more harmful to their mental state than it is good. Just because they can wear a mask doesn't mean they should. The entire ADA agrees with me, so a few disagreeing docs don't matter to me.

Also, nobody should ever be made to prove a health condition. Geeze. Is nothing sacred? People can get fined a steep amount just for asking, and rightly so in my opinion.
    The mask subject is a very polarizing issue these days. It is turning in to some sort of political/constitutional rights type of issue when it is none of those things. It is simply a new way of life for American citizens and it is very difficult for people to adapt to changes in the traditional American lifestyle. There are people out there who will use any excuse available to not wear a mask. At the same time, there are certainly people who shouldn't wear masks. If that is the case, they should make every effort to go to stores during times set aside for at-risk customers or work with the store to get what they need in accordance with reasonable modifications afforded to them by the ADA.

The main thing to remember is that the purpose of the mask is to protect other people. Unfortunately, it is becoming increasingly obvious that people are more concerned about their comfort than they are helping protect each other from a highly contagious virus.

There are specific situations where someone will be required to prove a health condition (insurance policies, employers, benefit eligibility, etc.) Those situations are the exception, rather than the norm. Outside of those types of scenarios, no one has to prove anyone to anything. I never said they did.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast