Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Our Bowling center reopening

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    Well it was a bit different than I expected. Instead of having each team bowl on one lane with an empty lane in between teams, we bowled typical league style on a pair with an empty pair of lanes in between. One team sat behind the active lanes and their opponents sat behind the vacant lanes. Only three person teams so there was plenty of room for social distancing. I think for the most part people behaved themselves.

As far as the bowling went, my team won two games and wood, mInly because our opponents were a bowler short. I missed one ten pin, one 7 pin, chopped the 3 off the 3-6-10, and left a bunch of splits. I was lucky to shoot 174, 197, & 191.
    Did bowlers go up and bowl at the same time, or did they wait for one person to take their turn and then go up and do their turn...essentially so there was only one person at the ball return/console at a time? That is the intent of using a single lane instead of a pair...trying to make sure only one person is up there at a time.

Centers around here should be reopening by next weekend. I am still not convinced it is totally safe to do so, and think people are going to quickly undo all of the mitigation we have worked for the past 3.5 months. There is already a lot of push back around here all of a sudden with masks, and stores are starting to not enforce the wearing of masks despite requiring them. The general carelessness is getting a little disturbing.

I agree totally! If people don't take this seriously, we are going to end up right back where we were. Masks are a pain, but they are a lot better than the alternative.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
    Did bowlers go up and bowl at the same time, or did they wait for one person to take their turn and then go up and do their turn...essentially so there was only one person at the ball return/console at a time? That is the intent of using a single lane instead of a pair...trying to make sure only one person is up there at a time.

Centers around here should be reopening by next weekend. I am still not convinced it is totally safe to do so, and think people are going to quickly undo all of the mitigation we have worked for the past 3.5 months. There is already a lot of push back around here all of a sudden with masks, and stores are starting to not enforce the wearing of masks despite requiring them. The general carelessness is getting a little disturbing.
    Bowlers generally followed one lane courtesy. Yeah there were quite a few fleeting instances where two people would be less than 6’ apart, but that didn’t concern me as much as the fact that all the other bowlers were pulling their masks down to bowl. Of course my leadoff bowler’s husband was subbing on the other team so it really didn’t matter if they got too close.

All in all we are one of the few leagues actually finishing up the winter season. As for summer leagues, they are only running one each night. Two of the leagues are doubles, one is singles, one will be a youth/adult league, and one will be a four person team mixed league. I think the center really wants to see how thing will work on a small scale before going into the fall.
    John

High Roller

Our center opened the other day. I drove by today and there were about 20 cars there.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Pin Crusher

When I went bowling last Saturday, we (grandson, girlfriend, and myself were literally the only people there. About the time I started my third game, another guy and his son came in. We were on 13-14. They put them on 5-6.

Hand sanitizer everywhere. The employee told us to leave any house balls on the return so he could clean them afterward. No tap beer, or soda from the gun. Everything from a can or bottle. This place is usually spotless to begin with, but it seemed an extra level of clean that day.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb View Post
    When I went bowling last Saturday, we (grandson, girlfriend, and myself were literally the only people there. About the time I started my third game, another guy and his son came in. We were on 13-14. They put them on 5-6.

Hand sanitizer everywhere. The employee told us to leave any house balls on the return so he could clean them afterward. No tap beer, or soda from the gun. Everything from a can or bottle. This place is usually spotless to begin with, but it seemed an extra level of clean that day.
    We only had hand sanitizer at the entrance and near the counter. There may have been more toward the snack bar and rest rooms.

As soon as teams were done with a pair of lanes a staff member was there wiping everything down.
    John

I can hardly wait for my center to open. Been a very long time. They always take good care of the bowlers and I am anxious to see what they have done. But I have to wait until July 7. The next closest alleys are not open either. Not sure I am anxious to drive 20 miles to a house that I am not sure about to begin with. Just biding my time and biting my nails!!!

Ringer

The centers around here are allowed to open this Friday, and they are opening full tilt. Some centers are running tournaments as soon as Friday night, and some are starting summer leagues beginning Saturday. No rest for the weary I guess! Hope they are being safe and sane about it and not getting in over their heads. No word from any of the centers opening up about what the rules are (distancing, group size, masks, etc.) The state has specific capacity rules, but it initially sounds like the centers are going to be business as usual.

Never before has "business as usual" sounded so terrifying! More places act like this, any we're all going to be right back in lockdown mode.

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Never before has "business as usual" sounded so terrifying! More places act like this, any we're all going to be right back in lockdown mode.
    No kidding! I hope the centers don't plan on trying to exceed the 50% capacity rule. I guess we will see as Friday approaches!

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast