Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Bowling center reopening

High Roller
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
    Beaver County is going "green" on June 12th, so that is something to look forward to!
    Wife mentioned a good point today. Beaver County defied Gov Wolf a few weeks ago when other counties went yellow. Now all of western PA is green except Beaver County. Wonder if Wolf is punishing Beaver County for going against him? I live about 2 miles from the Beaver County line in Lawrence County.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Just got the official word that our center is going to reopen next Wednesday, June 17th, and my Thursday league finish off the remaining 5 weeks of 2019-2020 starting the 18th! I plan to call and find out if the sport league is going to finish the season.
    John

Red Rock Lanes in Vegas has announced that the center is open for practice (every other single lane only), but leagues are not starting until September. Interestingly, I find that I have no desire to go and practice. I miss the competition and the camaraderie. The bowling... not so much!

High Roller

Ours will be opening the 16th but think i might have mentioned that already. i'll be stopping down to see whats said at the league meeting and to pick up my new ball if its ready. maybe bowl a game or 2 but i think the summer league starts that night and they will take up all 40 lanes at least...lol
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Ours will be opening the 16th but think i might have mentioned that already. i'll be stopping down to see whats said at the league meeting and to pick up my new ball if its ready. maybe bowl a game or 2 but i think the summer league starts that night and they will take up all 40 lanes at least...lol
    Good luck with the center using all 40 lanes at the same time. PA says only 50% of legal capacity permitted as well as social distancing must be maintained.

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
    Good luck with the center using all 40 lanes at the same time. PA says only 50% of legal capacity permitted as well as social distancing must be maintained.
    Yeah thats what I meant. We use all 40 normally in the summer league but instead of 2 man teams we will have 3 man. And the fact that the summer league will now only be 9 weeks I think alot will sit out but I still think with skipping a lane they will use the whole center
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Yeah thats what I meant. We use all 40 normally in the summer league but instead of 2 man teams we will have 3 man. And the fact that the summer league will now only be 9 weeks I think alot will sit out but I still think with skipping a lane they will use the whole center
    It is now looking like we will not be in the green phase in Montgomery County until "early July". The county is only currently only meeting 3 of the 4 criteria for moving to green. A county needs to meet all 4 criteria for 14 days in a row to move to the next phase. The funny thing is, the state Dept of Health shows us as meeting all 4. The county commissioner came out last night and said "Well, actually, the state is mistaken and we are only meeting 3 of the criteria." Go figure.

That being said, the bowling center where I bowl fully intends to run short season summer leagues as soon as the county goes green and the center reopens. I will totally be on board for that just for something to do for a couple of hours one night a week. From what I have been hearing, they will require masks be worn to enter and walk around within the center, but you do not have to wear it while actually bowling. Not quite sure the efficacy of that policy, especially if bowling with people not in the same household, but we shall see.

League bowlers will also be discouraged from bringing family members or others with them to the center as it would take away from the allowed capacity of actual paying customers. That may not sit well with some people where I bowl, as they like to bring their spouses, children, etc. with them to hang out while they bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Red Rock Lanes in Vegas has announced that the center is open for practice (every other single lane only), but leagues are not starting until September. Interestingly, I find that I have no desire to go and practice. I miss the competition and the camaraderie. The bowling... not so much!
    Several allies are open in NV. My Wednesday evening team used to always practice together Saturday mornings and we have talked of driving to Henderson to practice as a team. It's a 5 hour drive but we are all retired with not much to do. I called the alley in Henderson and they allow up to 4 people per lane for a team type practice. I think the max allowed per lane may vary from center to center but they do have the limits of every other lane and single lane only. Anyway, it may be fun to have 3 of your bowling friends practice with you. Some of the competitive and social aspects anyway.
    Recently retired and returning to bowing after a 12 year break
    Slower ball speed with dominate revs, prefer strait at the pocket but deep is fine too
    In my bag... Storm Phase 3, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Storm IQ Tour Emerald, 900 Global White Hot Badger, Motiv Venom Recoil, and Motiv Supra Enzo

Ringer

It is looking like our centers will possibly reopen sometime between June 26th-29th. The center actually called the other day asking if there is interest in participating in an 8 week shortened summer league. We said tentatively yes.

We are going to open bowl first and see how seriously both the center and the other bowlers are taking the need for cleanliness. If we get in there and people are running around, hugging, giving each other "five", not wearing masks, not using hand sanitizer, and other high risk actions it will be tough to agree to a league. The virus isn't just up and gone, it is still around. The concerning spikes of cases in areas that recently reopened further supports the need to remain vigilant.

One thing is for certain. When I bowl, I will wear a mask the whole time and use hand sanitizer frequently. The bowling center is saying they plan to require masks be worn to enter the center and walk around, but not while you actually bowl. That defeats the whole purpose! It is going to be a circus, for sure.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    Just got the official word that our center is going to reopen next Wednesday, June 17th, and my Thursday league finish off the remaining 5 weeks of 2019-2020 starting the 18th! I plan to call and find out if the sport league is going to finish the season.
    Well it was a bit different than I expected. Instead of having each team bowl on one lane with an empty lane in between teams, we bowled typical league style on a pair with an empty pair of lanes in between. One team sat behind the active lanes and their opponents sat behind the vacant lanes. Only three person teams so there was plenty of room for social distancing. I think for the most part people behaved themselves.

As far as the bowling went, my team won two games and wood, mInly because our opponents were a bowler short. I missed one ten pin, one 7 pin, chopped the 3 off the 3-6-10, and left a bunch of splits. I was lucky to shoot 174, 197, & 191.
    John

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast