Thread: How to review bowling gear...

Default How to review bowling gear...

I'm a long-time reviewer, and I was wondering if anybody here knows of any companies that offer bowling products in exchange for honest reviews by experienced reviewers?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by J Daisy View Post
    I'm a long-time reviewer, and I was wondering if anybody here knows of any companies that offer bowling products in exchange for honest reviews by experienced reviewers?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I've been doing reviews for years, I like to think I do good unbiased reviews and I've built a small following on my youtube channel (122 subscribers) and I've got a few freebies from a couple of places.

Pretty much any of the companies might and do do it, But you need to get established first. be known for posting good reviews of the companies products you bought and post them on social media on the companies sites etc, get a following, in other words do things to get noticed by the companies.

The companies get all kind of requests for freebies, the ones the get answered are the ones that look like they can help move product and create buzz.

Small and less well know companies and newer ones are places to start
    Last edited by bowl1820; 05-22-2020 at 10:31 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    I've been doing reviews for years, I like to think I do good unbiased reviews and I've built a small following on my youtube channel (122 subscribers) and I've got a few freebies from a couple of places.

Pretty much any of the companies might and do do it, But you need to get established first. be known for posting good reviews of the companies products you bought and post them on social media on the companies sites etc, get a following, in other words do things to get noticed by the companies.

The companies get all kind of requests for freebies, the ones the get answered are the ones that look like they can help move product and create buzz.

Small and less well know companies and newer ones are places to start
    Thank you very much for the tips! I am rather well-known as a reviewer, but not as a reviewer of bowling gear. Can you name some good places to start, specifically? Right now, I can review things like bowling shirts, rosin, bag rollers, shoes, etc. I don't think I'm a good enough bowler to review balls yet. Maybe some day.

Or maybe somebody else has ideas for good places to start?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by J Daisy View Post
    Thank you very much for the tips! I am rather well-known as a reviewer, but not as a reviewer of bowling gear. Can you name some good places to start, specifically? Right now, I can review things like bowling shirts, rosin, bag rollers, shoes, etc. I don't think I'm a good enough bowler to review balls yet. Maybe some day.
    The best place to start is a product thats new on the market, but Any of the things you mentioned are good places to start.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    The best place to start is a product thats new on the market, but Any of the things you mentioned are good places to start.
    Thank you, but I kind of meant what specific companies should I ask that would be likely to want reviewers. That's what I'm hoping somebody can help me with. I don't know where to start, meaning I don't know what company to ask.

Meaning specific company names I can search.

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

I would focus on what type of products you have reviewed in other industries and start with a google search that says "Bowling _____" (such as apparel) or start looking at sites like bowlingball.com and other sales sites. The challenge you are going to face is that in the bowling arena I don't know that you have much of a platform and brands essentially just use staffers for these types of reviews.
    Currently in the arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (@2000), Hammer Gauntlet Fury (@1000 polished), Roto Grip Idol (@2000), Storm IQ Tour Emerald (@1500 polished), Storm Phaze 4 (@1500 polished), Hammer Cherry Vibe (@1500 polished), Hammer Black Widow Urethane (@1000), Jet Blackbird

Quote Originally Posted by ALazySavage View Post
    I would focus on what type of products you have reviewed in other industries and start with a google search that says "Bowling _____" (such as apparel) or start looking at sites like bowlingball.com and other sales sites. The challenge you are going to face is that in the bowling arena I don't know that you have much of a platform and brands essentially just use staffers for these types of reviews.
    Thanks for the tips. :-)