Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm Back

Chats: 32

Default I'm Back

Well I'm back to the site back at work for the first time in eons. I'm not bowling right now due to some medical issues but hope to visit my friends at the alley soon anyway. I'll still be on here to help and answer questions. It's good to see everyone on here again.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Well I'm back to the site back at work for the first time in eons. I'm not bowling right now due to some medical issues but hope to visit my friends at the alley soon anyway. I'll still be on here to help and answer questions. It's good to see everyone on here again.
    Welcome back Amyers!!

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Welcome back! Hopefully the alleys will start to reopen so there will be some questions to answer! LOL

Welcome back! I, too, am eager to be back at the alleys. Hope your medical condition isn't anything serious!

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by J Daisy View Post
    Welcome back! I, too, am eager to be back at the alleys. Hope your medical condition isn't anything serious!
    Well I've been diagnosed with stage 4 renal failure they have me on at home dialysis. The doctors say I should be able to return to bowling but I think they are being optimistic until I get a transplant anyway. the important thing is I'm alive and can be around my friends even if I can't get back to 100%.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Well I've been diagnosed with stage 4 renal failure they have me on at home dialysis. The doctors say I should be able to return to bowling but I think they are being optimistic until I get a transplant anyway. the important thing is I'm alive and can be around my friends even if I can't get back to 100%.
    I'm sorry to hear that. I'm praying for you.

Chats: 0

I'm sorry to read of your medical issues, hopefully you will be back to the alley soon (once they open).

I myself had a full knee replacement on my left/slide knee August of last year and a surgical revision (thicker meniscus) on the same knee in February of this year. I was hobbling around (and bowling) before the quarantine shut everything down (I continued PT until just last week). I'm now walking more or less okay, but I do have a few residual issues to work through.

Bowling is about to re-open here and California. Once the alleys themselves re-open (next week) we have to call and reserve a pair for open practice. Leagues are each voting to finish as-was or to continue. Each bowler has the option to drop out of league (like as if injured) so their may well be a lot of team re-forming. What a organizational mess, but... I can't wait to bowl once again.

Brad
    Last edited by six6guy; 06-12-2020 at 01:22 PM.
    Recently retired and returning to bowing after a 12 year break
    Slower ball speed with dominate revs, prefer strait at the pocket but deep is fine too
    In my bag... Storm Phase 3, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Storm IQ Tour Emerald, 900 Global White Hot Badger, Motiv Venom Recoil, and Motiv Supra Enzo

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by six6guy View Post
    I'm sorry to read of your medical issues, hopefully you will be back to the alley soon (once they open).

I myself had a full knee replacement on my left knee August of last year and a surgical revision (thicker meniscus) February of this year. I was hobbling around (and bowling) before the quarantine shut everything down (I continued PT throughout quarantine until just last week). I'm walking more or less okay, but I do have a few residual issues to work through.

Bowling is about to re-open here and California. Once the alleys do open we have to call and reserve a pair for open practice. Leagues are each voting to finish as-was or to continue, if they start back it will be in 2-3 weeks. Each bowler has the option to drop out of league (like as if injured) so their may well be a lot of team re-forming. What a organizational mess, but I can't wait to bowl once again.

Brad
    Let us know what the experience is like. The CA guidelines for bowling alleys are kind of strict, but if they protect everyone that is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
    Let us know what the experience is like. The CA guidelines for bowling alleys are kind of strict, but if they protect everyone that is good.
    I'm not trying to hijack the thread... but I do think it's going to be a royal mess and I do think they will revise the new rules before long. One team per pair and opposing team on next pair... this says oil pattern breakdowns will be considerably different. We are suppose to wear masks but pretty sure they are not going to enforce when you are up. Tables are under 6 foot, so probably alot of standing. Cards may not be allowed. It's unclear about use of hand sanitizer after each frame. Towels and shams are not mentioned but probably will have to be removed from rack, back pocket maybe. Also it's unclear if the bar will deliver drinks or even be open. Obviously no high fives or touching... There is no way it doesn't change the social aspect of league bowling.
    Recently retired and returning to bowing after a 12 year break
    Slower ball speed with dominate revs, prefer strait at the pocket but deep is fine too
    In my bag... Storm Phase 3, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Storm IQ Tour Emerald, 900 Global White Hot Badger, Motiv Venom Recoil, and Motiv Supra Enzo

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by six6guy View Post
    I'm not trying to hijack the thread... but I do think it's going to be a royal mess and I do think they will revise the new rules before long. One team per pair and opposing team on next pair... this says oil pattern breakdowns will be considerably different. We are suppose to wear masks but pretty sure they are not going to enforce when you are up. Tables are under 6 foot, so probably alot of standing. Cards may not be allowed. It's unclear about use of hand sanitizer after each frame. Towels and shams are not mentioned but probably will have to be removed from rack, back pocket maybe. Also it's unclear if the bar will deliver drinks or even be open. Obviously no high fives or touching... There is no way it doesn't change the social aspect of league bowling.
    USBC has also issued a waiver allowing for sanctioned competition on a single lane. So one team on a lane, skip a lane, next team on a lane, skip a lane, etc. They have also issued a waiver allowing for the use of isopropyl alcohol during competition to allow for continual disinfecting of bowling balls (if you can find any hahahaha)

If they let bowlers remove their masks when they are up, they might as well not even have masks at all. Totally defeats the purpose. I wouldn't want to be the guy that has to bowl after the person that took their mask off to take their turn and then sneezed while at the ball return/on the approach (regardless if it was just due to dust or allergies or whatever.)

Hadn't thought about card games, but agree that should be a no-no. Scoresheets and pencils will be a total cluster. Touch screens/consoles will be a total disaster too, unless the counter will control everything and tell bowlers to see the counter for all score corrections.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast