Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: I'm Back

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    87
    Chats: 0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
    USBC has also issued a waiver allowing for sanctioned competition on a single lane. So one team on a lane, skip a lane, next team on a lane, skip a lane, etc. They have also issued a waiver allowing for the use of isopropyl alcohol during competition to allow for continual disinfecting of bowling balls (if you can find any hahahaha)

    If they let bowlers remove their masks when they are up, they might as well not even have masks at all. Totally defeats the purpose. I wouldn't want to be the guy that has to bowl after the person that took their mask off to take their turn and then sneezed while at the ball return/on the approach (regardless if it was just due to dust or allergies or whatever.)

    Hadn't thought about card games, but agree that should be a no-no. Scoresheets and pencils will be a total cluster. Touch screens/consoles will be a total disaster too, unless the counter will control everything and tell bowlers to see the counter for all score corrections.
    I've hear that isopropyl alcohol is tough on reactive covers, in particular the Storm tour IQ emeralds. That may not be true, but I switched to an after league practice of reactive cleaner solution anyway. The hand sanitizer would be for my hands, like if I needed to press the reset button or correct the score. I would provide my own squirt dispenser bottle of sanitizer and probable share with my teammates. If USBC doesn't allow sanitizer than 75% of bowlers will quite, or I think they would (I wouldn't bowl without it). Most hand sanitizers are mostly just ethyl alcohol anyway. It would really slow the pace if somebody has to walks to the desk for a re-rack or score correction. Score sheets are not really needed (my opinion) and probable could be removed by vote of league members... or is that also a USBC rule?
    Recently retired and returning to bowing after a 12 year break
    Slower ball speed with dominate revs, prefer strait at the pocket but deep is fine too
    In my bag... Storm Phase 3, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Storm IQ Tour Emerald, 900 Global White Hot Badger, Motiv Venom Recoil, and Storm Match Up Hybrid

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Southeast PA
    Posts
    95
    Chats: 0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by six6guy View Post
    I've hear that isopropyl alcohol is tough on reactive covers, in particular the Storm tour IQ emeralds. That may not be true, but I switched to an after league practice of reactive cleaner solution anyway. The hand sanitizer would be for my hands, like if I needed to press the reset button or correct the score. I would provide my own squirt dispenser bottle of sanitizer and probable share with my teammates. If USBC doesn't allow sanitizer than 75% of bowlers will quite, or I think they would (I wouldn't bowl without it). Most hand sanitizers are mostly just ethyl alcohol anyway. It would really slow the pace if somebody has to walks to the desk for a re-rack or score correction. Score sheets are not really needed (my opinion) and probable could be removed by vote of league members... or is that also a USBC rule?
    Hand sanitizer shouldn't be an issue for the USBC as long as it doesn't get on the ball.

    Scoresheets are required for sanctioned leagues. They have to be signed by the team captains at the end of competition and then given to the league secretary. I suppose the counter could print them at the end of bowling and just have the teams sign them, but they are still required.

    For open bowling, they are totally unnecessary (and haven't been provided around here to open bowlers for decades.) If open bowlers ever want their scores, they just ask the counter to print their scoresheet for them when they check out.
    Radical Beyond Ridiculous - Radical Ludicrous - Radical Cyclops Pearl
    Brunswick Vintage Danger Zone - DV8 Vandal Smash - DV8 Pitbull

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    87
    Chats: 0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
    Hand sanitizer shouldn't be an issue for the USBC as long as it doesn't get on the ball.

    Scoresheets are required for sanctioned leagues. They have to be signed by the team captains at the end of competition and then given to the league secretary. I suppose the counter could print them at the end of bowling and just have the teams sign them, but they are still required.

    For open bowling, they are totally unnecessary (and haven't been provided around here to open bowlers for decades.) If open bowlers ever want their scores, they just ask the counter to print their scoresheet for them when they check out.
    Just got a reply from the pro-shop owner who runs the sport league I'm on and a few of the others I'm on, all sanctioned leagues. Hand sanitizer is allowed on hands but is not provided by center. I don't do the score sheet anyway but I thought interesting topic.
    Recently retired and returning to bowing after a 12 year break
    Slower ball speed with dominate revs, prefer strait at the pocket but deep is fine too
    In my bag... Storm Phase 3, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Storm IQ Tour Emerald, 900 Global White Hot Badger, Motiv Venom Recoil, and Storm Match Up Hybrid

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Southeast PA
    Posts
    95
    Chats: 0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by six6guy View Post
    Just got a reply from the pro-shop owner who runs the sport league I'm on and a few of the others I'm on, all sanctioned leagues. Hand sanitizer is allowed on hands but is not provided by center. I don't do the score sheet anyway but I thought interesting topic.
    See, this is where the reopening is already going off the tracks. The center must provide hand sanitizer for customer use per the state of CA's guidelines. If they are not providing hand sanitizer, they are already violating the state's rules.

    Per the state of California's industry guidance for family entertainment centers:
    "Provide hand sanitizer dispensers throughout activity areas, lobbies, and service areas, for use by customers and employees. Hand sanitizer should be available for customers to use when activity items come into contact with shared surfaces (e.g., golf balls and golf cups, bowling balls and return machinery, etc.).Encourage guests to wash hands and/or use hand sanitizer often while using equipment and items. Remind members of the public (with signs and/or verbally) not to touch their eyes, nose, and mouth. Consider providing disposable gloves at each activity area for use by members of the public. Make available a means of disposal at each location where gloves are provided."
    https://covid19.ca.gov/pdf/guidance-...ertainment.pdf

    If the bowling alley is not prepared to make hand sanitizer available to customers, they should not be reopening.
    Last edited by Ryster; 06-12-2020 at 04:20 PM.
    Radical Beyond Ridiculous - Radical Ludicrous - Radical Cyclops Pearl
    Brunswick Vintage Danger Zone - DV8 Vandal Smash - DV8 Pitbull

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    87
    Chats: 0

    Default

    It all seems pretty fluid. Maybe they are providing sanitizer at the desk. I asked about it at the tables just behind the lanes.
    Recently retired and returning to bowing after a 12 year break
    Slower ball speed with dominate revs, prefer strait at the pocket but deep is fine too
    In my bag... Storm Phase 3, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Storm IQ Tour Emerald, 900 Global White Hot Badger, Motiv Venom Recoil, and Storm Match Up Hybrid

  6. #16
    High Roller
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,986
    Chats: 13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by six6guy View Post
    I'm not trying to hijack the thread... but I do think it's going to be a royal mess and I do think they will revise the new rules before long. One team per pair and opposing team on next pair... this says oil pattern breakdowns will be considerably different. We are suppose to wear masks but pretty sure they are not going to enforce when you are up. Tables are under 6 foot, so probably alot of standing. Cards may not be allowed. It's unclear about use of hand sanitizer after each frame. Towels and shams are not mentioned but probably will have to be removed from rack, back pocket maybe. Also it's unclear if the bar will deliver drinks or even be open. Obviously no high fives or touching... There is no way it doesn't change the social aspect of league bowling.
    Here in Connecticut the alleys may reopen Wednesday. We have heard from the center that masks will be required in the building except for when you are on the approach. The snack bar will be open but we will have to order from our lanes and the food or beverage will be delivered to us. I plan to just leave my mask on. What little protection the mask affords the wearer would be completely negated by taking it off and putting it back 30 times.

    I donít really see the use of a single lane as a huge problem. Pre-COVID you had ten bowlers sharing two lanes for a total of thirty individual games or fifteen games on each lane. Now we will five bowlers on a single lane for a total of fifteen games. Yes, teams with really good bowlers will be able to manage the oil pattern transition and may put up some really big numbers, but really good bowlers, despite the whining about the handicaps being unfair to them, ALWAYS HAVE AN ADVANTAGE. Whatís unfair is that we will not be competing on the same lane and some lanes are better to bowl on than others.
    John

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by six6guy View Post
    Just got a reply from the pro-shop owner who runs the sport league I'm on and a few of the others I'm on, all sanctioned leagues. Hand sanitizer is allowed on hands but is not provided by center. I don't do the score sheet anyway but I thought interesting topic.
    My local alley actually provides hand sanitizer at several points throughout the building. I think it always has. It's a very clean place. It lets the leagues there use it.

  8. #18
    Cranker Timmyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    926
    Chats: 0

    Default

    Here in WI, we are at 50% capacity, and next Friday we'll go to 75. South Shore has sanitizer everywhere. Only allowed one group per pair. Per WI re-opening, without another flair-up, I think the houses here will be fully open by the time fall league starts. No one has laid down any rules on what league will look like. Bars here are already open for 50%. Our team is going to switch houses this year, so that should add a little confusion for us as well.

    Back to the original post, Amyers, my girlfriend is going through the same thing right now. We're at about a year of this, and her brother just started testing to see if he's a match. If not, she's an "O", so we could be in for a long wait. Hope this goes well for you!
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock, Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 299. High sanctioned series - 772. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 19.
    2019/2020 YTD highs--High game; 279--High series; 772

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •