Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: another new ball...lol

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    I really don't understand what's going on. Every day the infection rate goes up. Businesses keep opening. People are told to wear masks, but many don't. At least at the center where I bowl, people are required to wear masks, though they can move it under their noses when they are actually on the approach. Only every other lane is rented out, and mask policy is enforced. Leagues are not planned until September, and then only if health conditions allow. People are ignoring the rules on masks, gathering in groups, and ignoring social distancing guidelines... and these are the same people who will scream bloody hell when everything shuts down again. Oh, and American Airlines just announced that they are now selling tickets to 100% capacity. I just don't get it!
    I don’t understand it either. I suspect that there would be a lot more compliance with the CDC guidelines if certain politicians had embraced the advise of the medical experts and set a good example for everyone instead of worrying that wearing a mask would make them look “ weak”.

By the way, today I overheard one of the open bowlers say that he couldn’t bowl with a mask on. I have been leaving mine on except to take a sip of water or coffee between frames and I’ve had at least two decent games every time out. I can see if you wear glasses that the mask might cause them to fog up, but otherwise there shouldn’t be any real problems. I mean if your lungs are so bad that you can’t get enough air for the few seconds it takes to deliver a ball, you should probably be staying home.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    By the way, today I overheard one of the open bowlers say that he couldn’t bowl with a mask on. I have been leaving mine on except to take a sip of water or coffee between frames and I’ve had at least two decent games every time out. I can see if you wear glasses that the mask might cause them to fog up, but otherwise there shouldn’t be any real problems. I mean if your lungs are so bad that you can’t get enough air for the few seconds it takes to deliver a ball, you should probably be staying home.
    I've heard the same feeble excuses from several bowlers. From the time that the bowling center reopened, I have worn a mask every second that I have been in the facility. I have asthma, yet I can breathe with a mask on. I normally blow into the thumb hole to get the right feel. It took me three frames and a piece of tape to get past that one!

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Masks should be required at all times in a bowling center regardless of whether someone is bowling, walking around, playing pool, playing arcade games, laser tag, or whatever else is going on. Last week our state made masks mandatory in all public places yet our bowling center continues to tell customers they are "encouraged, but optional". They also claim the state has not provided guidance that is specific to bowling centers, so they are doing what they feel is best. Meanwhile the state *has* provided guidelines for indoor recreational sports. While those guidelines don't specifically call out bowling centers, it is pretty obvious they apply.

Customers say "I can't breathe well with the mask on, so I am not going to wear it in the bowling center." Yeah, ok. You say you can't breathe well wearing a mask, wait until you are hooked up to a ventilator. I don't mean to sound crude, but...

Pin Crusher

Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post

Started league last night. First ball in practice, pulled my quad and had to pack up and go home.
    Did that 7 years ago when I came back to bowling. That is the single hottest, "burn-iest" pain I have ever felt. Took all of three weeks to come back.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb View Post
    Did that 7 years ago when I came back to bowling. That is the single hottest, "burn-iest" pain I have ever felt. Took all of three weeks to come back.
    It was really intense!

Going to try again tomorrow, just going to take it real easy. Have been back to my full workouts the past few days and the pain is mostly gone. Also been doing extra daily stretches of the quad muscle to keep it loosened up. Seems to be helping, but tomorrow will be the true test!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12