Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: another new ball...lol

High Roller
    Chats: 0

Default another new ball...lol

Deleted
    Last edited by boatman37; 06-26-2020 at 07:50 AM.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Amazing! After a 3 month layoff, you are still thinking about the next magic marble, and telling people where you like to play. Why not take the fact that you will go back to bowling with the opportunity for a new start seriously? Do you really want to go back to your old ways of leaving weak sevens and missing spares?

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Amazing! After a 3 month layoff, you are still thinking about the next magic marble, and telling people where you like to play. Why not take the fact that you will go back to bowling with the opportunity for a new start seriously? Do you really want to go back to your old ways of leaving weak sevens and missing spares?
    No but there are only a few options to choose from and all seem pretty similar to what I already have. And actually it did feel a little different the other night. My speed was slower and I was much more composed and balanced at the line. Not trying to get back into bad habits but my speed and rev rate are what they are and I will likely never be guy that hooks the whole lane and don't plan on trying again.

I asked for thoughts and opinions on a new ball that I have a limited selection of and wanted to give as much info as I could. I guess I could have just asked for thoughts and not told anyone anything about me. Do you think a PSO would recommend a ball for you without ever seeing you bowl and not asking any info about your style?

Geeeshhhh.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Chats: 221

You lilke your Conspiracy solid so why not go toth the Conspirtacy Theory reads the fronts like the solid with more pop on the back
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by Stormed1 View Post
    You lilke your Conspiracy solid so why not go toth the Conspirtacy Theory reads the fronts like the solid with more pop on the back
    Thanks Stormed. Decided to just delete my post. Not worth the aggravation
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

"Do you think a PSO would recommend a ball for you without ever seeing you bowl and not asking any info about your style?"

Yes! I've seen it happen over and over again.

New season gong to be interesting. I have been missing bowling a lot but the alleys I bowl i will not open until July 7 (not long now). Couldn't bowl anywhere anyway since my bowling balls are languishing in my locker along with my shoes. Been wondering how they will be when I get back. Two days before we got locked down here in Ohio I actually ordered a new ball. The pro shop called me a couple weeks ago and asked me if I still want it. I said yes becuase I was not sure what condition my other balls would be in after all this time. I am counting on the wonderful owners and staff to have done right with the bowling alley but won't be happy until I get to see those lanes and can hold onto a bowling ball again. How have the lanes been for anyone who has been able to go back?

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by taxexpert2 View Post
    New season gong to be interesting. I have been missing bowling a lot but the alleys I bowl i will not open until July 7 (not long now). Couldn't bowl anywhere anyway since my bowling balls are languishing in my locker along with my shoes. Been wondering how they will be when I get back. Two days before we got locked down here in Ohio I actually ordered a new ball. The pro shop called me a couple weeks ago and asked me if I still want it. I said yes becuase I was not sure what condition my other balls would be in after all this time. I am counting on the wonderful owners and staff to have done right with the bowling alley but won't be happy until I get to see those lanes and can hold onto a bowling ball again. How have the lanes been for anyone who has been able to go back?
    Bowling centers opened up here last week. Bowled 4 games a couple of days after reopening and it was very quiet. Shot was the same as it was before everything closed up in March.

Started league last night. First ball in practice, pulled my quad and had to pack up and go home. I was literally there for 10 minutes. So now I am out for 2-3 more weeks while it heals. Very frustrating. Never stopped daily work outs despite the pandemic, practiced 4 games a few days ago, then go in and my quad gets aggravated after one throw. Go figure.

Not convinced it is 100% safe to be in the bowling center. Very few people are wearing masks (masks are optional for all visitors to the center), people ordering from the bar and drinking from pitchers, social distancing is tough despite the efforts of the center. Leagues are as usual, 2 teams per pair with the league all together (no empty lanes between teams.) Open bowling is socially distanced whenever possible with one empty lane between bowlers.

This area is starting to see a surge, so it would not be 100% surprising if the state decided to roll back the reopening and shut entertainment venues/recreational sports back down. Especially as we enter flu season. If that happens, the bowling center said they would not be able to survive another shutdown and would literally just close permanently. They have already severely reduced their hours due to reduced patronage after reopening, so I get the impression they are really struggling right now.

I would absolutely love to be bowling, but now have to wait on my quad to heal. Luckily it doesn't hurt when I use the stationary bike, so at least I can continue my daily workouts. But that slide motion for bowling...oh boy does that hurt right now.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by taxexpert2 View Post
    This was my third week back and fourth time bowling. Feels like the shot may be a bit different but it seems to be consistent.

I'm with Ryster as to the safety. My Thursday league was told to wear masks except to actually bowl. The three person teams are bowling on one pair with a vacant pair in-between the active pairs, curtains separating the settee areas every fourth lane. Except for people leaving their masks down in the settee areas this seems sort of okay. The Tuesday doubles league that started this week has no vacant pairs separating teams, and with only 22 teams and 56 lanes they have plenty of room to spread us out. And this league was told they only need to wear masks in the concourse area.
    John

I really don't understand what's going on. Every day the infection rate goes up. Businesses keep opening. People are told to wear masks, but many don't. At least at the center where I bowl, people are required to wear masks, though they can move it under their noses when they are actually on the approach. Only every other lane is rented out, and mask policy is enforced. Leagues are not planned until September, and then only if health conditions allow. People are ignoring the rules on masks, gathering in groups, and ignoring social distancing guidelines... and these are the same people who will scream bloody hell when everything shuts down again. Oh, and American Airlines just announced that they are now selling tickets to 100% capacity. I just don't get it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast