Thread: Tourney advice

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Default Tourney advice

Bowling Wednesday in a sport shot tournament. Sounds like it's the "Shark" pattern. Best I can tell, it's 48-50' of pure ice. Most pointers say to use a pin up, solid ball with a lot of surface. I knocked my old SureLock (pin up) down to 1500 from polished for a start. Anyone else have any experience on this shot?
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

The main thing to remember is that lane topography beats oil pattern every time. Don’t go in thinking that Shark always plays a certain way. The rule of 31 is a good place to start exploring the lane in practice. Keep your eyes open for what’s working. If you’re moving pairs after each game, be prepared for the line to differ based on who bowled ahead of you. Have Fun & Good Luck!
    John

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    Don’t go in thinking that Shark always plays a certain way.
    Never bowled this pattern, so I'm going in with no pre-conceived notions. Watched a couple of guys, pro or otherwise, and at least it gives me a starting point. Bowl the 1st 3 on the same lane, and then brackets after that. We were on Cheetah last week, and that shot (what little there was of it) was cooked after the 3 games were done due to it being damn warm out. It was a free-for-all after that. Seeing as Wednesday is looking to be even hotter here, it'll be interesting. At least I'm hoping this pattern will keep the urethane boys at bay....
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739