Thread: What are you all doing...

Default What are you all doing...

while you're not posting anything here?

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    while you're not posting anything here?
    One would think that with at least some states with open bowling centers there would be more than two people posting scores. And with something like 15 hours of PBA televised events recently there would have been more chatter about the pros.

Personally, I confess to spending way too much time watching YouTube videos ranging from bowling, construction, Dr. Who,.... all the way to SciShow.

When not glued to a screen I am back to work at least part time, trying to get at least a 20 minute walk in most days, bowling in on summer league, and actually finished the full 2019-2020 season in one league.
    John

Chats: 55

There have been no scores that seem respectable enough to be posted.

Work has been crazy busy, so little time for exercise, reading or relaxing. Did manage to watch the 15 hours of bowling...thought it was great. Have watched a bit of baseball, but doesn't seem right.

Bowling on Friday am. Seems weird - we skip a pair inbetween so 20 teams take up 40 lanes. Seems so distant. And, as secretary, if I have to go to the other end of the house I am always running - with a mask on. Be glad to be back to a more competitive situation of seeing how the bowlers around us are scoring. I dropped weight about 3 weeks before the shut down, so my timing is absolutely horrid. Just a few more weeks to work on that before we supposedly go to bowl tourney in Laughlin....assuming they don't cancel.

Will be nice to do something different!
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Raising a 2 year old, Running more, doing house work, putting in 50+ hours a week... bowling has been an afterthought the last few months.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by mc_runner View Post
    Raising a 2 year old, Running more, doing house work, putting in 50+ hours a week... bowling has been an afterthought the last few months.
    From my observations, anyone raising a two year old does a lot more running.
    John

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

Quote Originally Posted by mc_runner View Post
    Same here MC, chasing after an 18 month old, doing a fair amount of biking, and working many more hours (since I have been work from home it seems the thought is you are always available). I haven't been at a bowling alley since the pandemic started and I really doubt I will be bowling a fall league at this point - I really just don't trust people being responsible and I'm not willing to put my family at an additional risk just to roll a few games. In all honesty there was a level of relief when they finally cancelled nationals because the pressure I was receiving to still go was pretty strong.

I started setting up a practice area in the basement so that I can do no step drills and some other work, but in all honesty I have just lost the desire to work on my game. I think at this point I really have a hard time seeing the road map that makes bowling safe.
    Currently in the arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (@2000), Hammer Gauntlet Fury (@1000 polished), Roto Grip Idol (@2000), Storm IQ Tour Emerald (@1500 polished), Storm Phaze 4 (@1500 polished), Hammer Cherry Vibe (@1500 polished), Hammer Black Widow Urethane (@1000), Jet Blackbird

Ringer
    Chats: 0

The local bowling center has really been struggling since reopening. It used to be packed, with waiting lists in the evenings for lanes. Now they have very little business outside of leagues and have drastically cut their hours.

I think there would be more business if the environment seemed safer. I am bowling, along with others in my household. We all wear masks, distance, etc. However 90% of the other 70 people on the league are acting as though there is nothing going on.

It is kind of frustrating, but it is something a little extra to do for a couple of hours each week. Otherwise my days are spent at home working remotely and then going out once a week for an hour to run the car and get groceries. I figured it up the other day, and I am only outside of the house 3-4 hours total per week.

Last week bowled on the driest lanes ever. Started by trying going straight up board 5 and the ball took off left right away. Tried moving left a bit and still took off left. Was afraid of dumping the ball into the ditch and moved more left but aimed near board 8 or 9. Still took off left. Stood on board 35 and aimed at 12 or so. Brooklyn. There were two lefties bowling with us and they had a good day. Wish I had my plastic ball with me as the urethane Mix I have was a hook monster that day. Apparently the oil on the heads was gone and all the way down on the right side. I didn't have any fun at all and have never seen the lanes that dry at my favorite house. Talked to the owner and he said that they hadn't oiled the lanes in a few days unfortunately. He usually keeps a tight ship, but guess business hasn't been very good and he thought they could get by without oiling. Hope he changes his mind for this coming Wednesday morning...