Bowler Stats:
Rev Rate – 400-425
Ball Speed – 16.5 mph (down-lane)
PAP – 3 3/4 over, zero
Right-handed

Test Environment:
Fresh 42’ THS

Review:
I’ve instantly became a fan of the Microcell Polymer ever since I got my hands on the Covert Tank. As of recent, the Tank Blitz has been a huge favorite of mine. My initial thought process on the layout was wanting something that I would be able to play the lanes with more parallel. On most patterns, my angles are usually more open with the Covert Tank and Tank Blitz. I opted for a pin down layout to give me a very similar reaction to my urethane, Tank Rampage. I got exactly what I wanted with the layout, which is a very controlled, urethane-like downlane motion. With the Microcell Polymer cover, it still does not affect the oil in both the front and backend parts of the lane.

Shelf Appeal
Microcell Polymer

Dislikes:
None

Summary:
Microcell Polymer is a game changer with today’s bowling technology. The Desert Tank is going to be a great addition in anyone’s bags. The variety of layouts and surface changes that can be placed on the Desert Tank should cover a fairly wide range, along with matching with every style of bowler. For the competitive bowlers, the Desert Tank should be an automatic decision in their bag for any short patterns and/or a lighter volume pattern. Paired with the Covert Tank and Tank Blitz, it is a versatile arsenal with these alone.

Darryl Carreon
MOTIV Staff / PBA Member