Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bowl1820 Winter 2020-21 season scores

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

This was interesting. This is a graph of the leagues average for each pair of lanes for the last 3 weeks.

The red marked lanes are the ones that my team bowled on those weeks. Next week we are on lanes 9-10

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default week 04

Over average for the night, But not happy overall.
    Game 01 Pocket 10's, adjust, then leaving 4 pins, adjust, 3 basically lucky strikes, garbage.
    Game 02 change ball make some adjustments, 6th frame get P.O'd start gunning the ball down the lane and start striking, so heck keep firing the ball down the lane.
    Game 03 The speed started to vary some and lane s changed a little.

Last edited by bowl1820; 09-03-2020 at 07:27 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

Please be careful tracking scoring average by pair. I did this for the first 2 years after moving to Vegas in 2004. I stopped doing it when I found that the pair averages began to be self-fulfilling prophesies... when I expected a low score, I often got it!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Please be careful tracking scoring average by pair. I did this for the first 2 years after moving to Vegas in 2004. I stopped doing it when I found that the pair averages began to be self-fulfilling prophesies... when I expected a low score, I often got it!
    I don't track my average by pair, the earlier graph posted is the average per pair produced by the entire league. It's tracked by the league Sec. software (which you can see if you check standings on leaguesecretary.com.)

I use too track it long ago, but it didn't tell me much that I didn't already know. The lanes used more for open bowling were different than the ones less used. An d that my average per pair just leveled out over time.

It meant a little more back when the lanes were wood, But when the houses all went synthetic the difference between lanes was basically marginal.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default week 05

Well everybody fell off that last game..

We started our Tuesday league yesterday morning. Big difference is that we are bowling on one lane with and empty lane on either side of us. We are competing with the team to our right which is bowling on their own lane (we bowled on 41 against a team that was bowling on 43). Bowling on one lane brings a whole new set of adjustment requirements into play due to the speed of the transition and the effect of other team members on your line. I missed one move, and shot 226-127-231! Gonna be a challenge!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default week 06

MEH Was fishing the first game then switched balls for 2 & 3. I think I need a new plastic ball now, The current one is cracking too much around the thumb now and its 15pd and I want to drop it to 14

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default week 07

Well this wasn't a bad night, The first game I feel was real solid I was burying the ball in the pocket.

I was checking some of the other graphs on leaguesecretary com I hadn't looked at before. According to the league average by week comparison, I've been beating the league average every week! that was surprising.

Plus I've beaten the leagues lanes averages with the exception of just lanes 1-2, 3-4.

As for league game averages, I've easily beaten the 2nd and 3rd games league averages, The first game I'm lower but only by 3 pins.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default week 08

Okay, first outing with the new Pyramid Force Unleashed It's got a pretty good roll! first game was getting the feel of it and break that cover in a little. The second game it really lined up, That last shot though I had to wait for them to fix the lane. Third game I had to start really moving left but didn't go far enough fast enough.

Will try and get some video soon, couldn't tonight.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Week 09

Well had a pretty good night 632 series. The new Force Unleashed is a beast!

Started the night off my ball and several others got stuck in practice after only two shots, when they came back they were covered with I don't know what. I hadn't seen this stuff before, the balls were all rough feeling it was like dirty rubber cement. I wasted all of practice scrubbing the ball off.

Wasted the first six frames getting warmed up, But then the ball started exploding down the lane. I was getting all kinds of pin carry.

Last six frames though the ball was getting pretty dirty, Haven't seen that happen in a long time and it started skidding a little more. Last couple of frame (9-10) I put it outside a little more and got it to finish better.

strike percentage 61.76%
    spare percentage 58.33%

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast