Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowl1820 Winter 2020-21 season scores

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default Bowl1820 Winter 2020-21 season scores

Well here it is the start of the new season and we just had our league meeting. Even though the plague is running rampant I'll give it try.

Here's a picture of the meeting (Click for larger)

Entering the building you have to have your temperature checked and be masked. Here's my partner and I.

You don't have to wear a mask while bowling or at the table if you have food/drink (Basically like how it is at the restaurants here), there are sanitation stations around and tables are cleaned/sanitized etc. I'll bring my own hand sanitizer

The meeting went fast the local Assoc. spoke first said cards were the same price and let everyone know about the rules about weight holes and up coming meetings.

The rules went fast basically just kept the same ones from last year no changes.

I needed two bowlers for a full team, We got one he's a good 200 average bowler. Hopefully we get a fourth next week. At the moment there are 25 teams out of what was a full house league of 32 teams. We'll see if we pick up any more.

Here's Painting blood on my bowling bag hoping the specter of pestilence passes us by, now have to come up with a new team name. Maybe the "Contagion Commandos" or "The Outbreak Bowlers"

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Best of luck with the league! We have been bowling a short session summer league for the past six weeks now. It has been "okay" but not super fun. It gets us out of the house for a couple of hours each week.

The local association never comes to our meetings. It is usually the bowling center hosting the meeting, setting up the rules, helping get officers selected, etc. My bowling center said they are leaving it up to bowlers to deal with the rule changes that went in to effect on August 1st. They are not going to go out of their way to enforce them or remind people of them. At one point, the pro shop had 30 balls lined up on the work bench getting extra holes plugged, so as far as they are concerned people are aware of it. Uh, okay.

For the start of our summer league, the bowling center did the whole thing over the PA system and didn't want us gathered/huddled together. Worked out OK. The scoresheets are now printed at the desk at the end of the night and handled by the bowling center. That way there are no issues of scoresheets being handled multiple times by multiple people. The league money envelopes are still the same.

All the local pandemic guidelines have pretty much been thrown out the window at this point, unfortunately. There are only 2 hand sanitizer stations in the bowling area of the 48 lane center. People are maskless, hugging, giving five, sharing food, etc. I stay masked up, away from others, and do my best not to touch anyone else. Definitely no eating or drinking while bowling.

They came around during league last night and started getting everyone signed up for winter leagues. Sounds like it is going to be business as usual despite what the state is mandating for activities like bowling. From what we have been hearing, bowling center patronage is down drastically. People still see it is a very risky activity and do not want to set foot anywhere near a bowling center. Based on what I have witnessed the past few weeks on my league, I don't blame them one bit.

I am hanging with it for something to do. There is no telling when it will be taken away from us again so I try to enjoy my time there as much as I can.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Week 01

Well here we go the first week! Didn't start off great, we were back to only two of us. Our third member changed to another team with his friends so back looking for a pair of bowlers.

I see over the summer the lanes got a new Kegel Flex lane machine. I don't know the exact model, but it's a step up.

I started off slow, been a while since last I bowled. Lane conditions seemed about the same as when we stopped last season, I going to have to adjust surfaces. Didn't have any pads with me, so couldn't adjust during practice.

I tried every ball though (I had the surfaces the same on all balls) so I could get a read on how they compared on these conditions put down by the new machine.

Last game though started to get the feel back, hopefully I can keep that up.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Well here we go the first week! Didn't start off great, we were back to only two of us. Our third member changed to another team with his friends so back looking for a pair of bowlers.

I see over the summer the lanes got a new Kegel Flex lane machine. I don't know the exact model, but it's a step up.

I started off slow, been a while since last I bowled. Lane conditions seemed about the same as when we stopped last season, I going to have to adjust surfaces. Didn't have any pads with me, so couldn't adjust during practice.

I tried every ball though (I had the surfaces the same on all balls) so I could get a read on how they compared on these conditions put down by the new machine.

Last game though started to get the feel back, hopefully I can keep that up.
    Nice way to get your feet wet again. Improved nicely each game
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Week 02

Not bad 2nd week, The 2 week summary could be better.

Like your bowling app. Starting off nicely this season. My season starts in about 24 hours. Looking forward to it.
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksox1 View Post
    Like your bowling app. Starting off nicely this season. My season starts in about 24 hours. Looking forward to it.
    Yes the App is called "Premier Bowling Scorekeeper aka: (BDSS!)" (I'm a Beta tester for it) it's about the best out for the price $3.99. It does more stuff than you'd probably ever want to do.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...g.tbe&hl=en_US

Yeah I don't feel bad about this start after sitting out so long. The pattern so far isn't bad, which I attribute to the new Flex oiler they got.

Good luck on your league start!!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Week 03

Well I got a full team now! We picked up two ladies that bowled on the league last year, they ave. about 150's. The only thing is they are both left handed and throw backup balls down the right side.

First and third games weren't too bad, but that second one. Everyone on the pair their games took a nose dive big time, there were so many splits.

I changed balls half way through and wound up moving 15 boards left, before I found something.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Wow, I’ve seen a few lefties who throw pretty straight at the 1-2 pocket and a few righties who throw a back-up ball up the left side, ( one of whom I thought was left handed until I watch his full approach ), but never a a lefty back-up down the right side.
    John

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    Wow, I’ve seen a few lefties who throw pretty straight at the 1-2 pocket and a few righties who throw a back-up ball up the left side, ( one of whom I thought was left handed until I watch his full approach ), but never a a lefty back-up down the right side.
    Yeah the one gal would stand far right and roll the ball (A Motiv Venom Shock I think) basically straight down the oil line (8-10). It would hit the breakpoint and turn toward the pocket. The other basically was just throwing at the pocket (1-3)

Now there was a guy years back on my mens team, He was a lefty that rolled a backup ball. He looked like a righty bowling, playing the same lines and using the same layouts.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast