Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fall league meeting tonight

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by SRB57 View Post
    I got a call from a team member on the upcoming season. We will be bowling on one lane for each team. There will be a piece of plexiglass seperating the pair and you will need to wear a mask at all times. If you want a drink you have to by food. There will be a waitress cruising around if you want a pop or food. They will be cleaning the lanes between leaques and you can not enter the center until it is cleaned. It looks like a lot of extra money spent by the owners but that was the only way they could do it here in Western N.Y. Steve
    WOOO That sounds a tad Draconian, over the top. I wouldn't believe it till I saw it.

Their going to have entire leagues and customers standing outside till they clean all the lanes after a league (and I would think after open bowling too) before they let them in. Are They Going to do temperature checks too? they might as well go whole hog .

You "HAVE TOO" buy food to get a drink?? So if you want a coke or a beer you have to get a plate of food too? That's a money grab by the lanes, nobody should buy anything if that's the way it is.

"We will be bowling on one lane for each team" so will the team your playing against be on the same pair? will you still alternate lanes as you bowl? if your on the same pair there is no reason not too there would be no difference in how much your exposed to the other team.
    "There will be a piece of plexiglass separating the pair (of Lanes)"?? what on the approach? or just between tables? if on the approach somebody is going to be running into that.

"you will need to wear a mask at all times." even when your bowling? Hmmm a lot of players won't go for that.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

I got a call from a team member on the upcoming season. We will be bowling on one lane for each team. There will be a piece of plexiglass seperating the pair and you will need to wear a mask at all times. If you want a drink you have to by food. There will be a waitress cruising around if you want a pop or food. They will be cleaning the lanes between leaques and you can not enter the center until it is cleaned. It looks like a lot of extra money spent by the owners but that was the only way they could do it here in Western N.Y. Steve
    Good Lord. We start the day after Labor Day. They told us in our league meeting "use our heads", and keep it safe. Rules in Wisconsin are, once you order a drink, the mask can come off. I don't believe we've had much of a change in this state with or without the mandate. They're going to keep a pair open between the two teams bowling each week, so there will be space to spread out. We'll see how that goes. We have one guy that won't be able to start right away, because he's a Navy lifer, and Uncle Sam won't let him come out and play....
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

Well Guys it's either this or no bowling. I have not been there yet but will go next week and see what it's like. We will be on the same pair just staying on one lane all night. I am pretty sure you only buy food with alcohol not pop which is true in all the bars and restaraunts in ny. Steve
    Current arsenal...Roto Grip Nuclear Cell, Hustle PBR, Roto Grip Gem, Idle Helios and Own It Spare. 300 rev rate, 16 mph off hand, 13.3 tilt,61 degrees rotation pap 4 9/16 over 1 1/8 up.

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    WOOO That sounds a tad Draconian, over the top. I wouldn't believe it till I saw it.

Their going to have entire leagues and customers standing outside till they clean all the lanes after a league (and I would think after open bowling too) before they let them in. Are They Going to do temperature checks too? they might as well go whole hog .

You "HAVE TOO" buy food to get a drink?? So if you want a coke or a beer you have to get a plate of food too? That's a money grab by the lanes, nobody should buy anything if that's the way it is.

"We will be bowling on one lane for each team" so will the team your playing against be on the same pair? will you still alternate lanes as you bowl? if your on the same pair there is no reason not too there would be no difference in how much your exposed to the other team.
    "There will be a piece of plexiglass separating the pair (of Lanes)"?? what on the approach? or just between tables? if on the approach somebody is going to be running into that.

"you will need to wear a mask at all times." even when your bowling? Hmmm a lot of players won't go for that.

Here in PA, the "must buy food with alcohol" is a rule put in place by the Governor. Our bowling center has to abide by it or they lose their liquor license. Soda can be purchased without food.

On the morning and afternoon Senior leagues, it is one team per LANE, with an empty lane in between. So the leagues do not alternate lanes, and the team you are bowling against is 2 lanes over.

However, night time adult leagues are business as usual. Two teams per pair, no distancing, etc.

PA has a mandatory mask mandate for all indoor activities including recreational sports. Additionally, indoor recreational sports groups cannot exceed 25 people. Most bowling centers are ignoring the 25 people guideline, and only requiring masks to enter the center. Then, once in the center, masks come off. If a state official came in the center during evening leagues, it would not be a pretty sight.

Bowling in a mask is no big deal at all. I have been doing it for 10 weeks now. There are maybe 7 of us on a league of 70-80 people that wear masks the entire time.

Our bowling center's league participation is down 40% so far for the upcoming fall season. Overall, people just don't feel comfortable coming back at this point.

There are other local centers with strict masking requirements as well as temperature checks for all customers. Some proprietors are more serious about the guidelines than others.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post

Bowling in a mask is no big deal at all. I have been doing it for 10 weeks now. There are maybe 7 of us on a league of 70-80 people that wear masks the entire time.

Our bowling center's league participation is down 40% so far for the upcoming fall season. Overall, people just don't feel comfortable coming back at this point.
    Looks like you have at least 60 people who are perhaps a bit too comfortable.

The rules here in CT allow removing the mask on the approach. My local center is requiring the mask to enter and is taking temps as people enter. All the house balls have been removed from the racks and open bowlers must request one from the desk. The way they are enforcing the mask rule is basically watching the concourse area like hawks for people without masks on. As long as you stay in the settee area they don't say anything.

As you say bowling in a mask is no big deal, I keep mine on except to drink coffee. The only exception I can see is for people who wear glasses. I would guess at least 75% of league bowlers have decided they don't like wearing masks and won't follow the 'Mask on except for bowling' rule unless some one on their pair makes a fuss about it.
    John

Bowled week 1 last Wednesday, about the same experience up north a bit John. Leagues are a lot smaller, but we're doing 2 lane buffers between each pair of teams (assuming there were x amount set aside for the league and we were able to add in space given about 1/2 the number of teams). about 25% of people wearing masks including myself while bowling, not a big deal but annoying when having water or whatever.

High Roller

First night of fall league tomorrow night. They voted in a mixed league so wife still plans to bowl with us. Probably order her a ball tomorrow night so she doesn't have to use the plastic house ball. Probably go with a Twist or something. She throws straight and will never try to hook so whatever we get cheap. PSO said absolutely plastic so probably a Twist or something. He said some of the veterans that weren't at the meeting won't be happy about it being a mixed league now so they don't want to give them anything else to complain about...lol.

She is usually around 100-130 so we will see how she does. She is only there for fun and doesn't care how she does so whatever she gets she gets. I will post her scores too. Will also post how many teams and members. Last I heard about 14 5 man teams. I think we had 18 last year. But I was wondering this. The womens league bowls the same night and time as us. Wonder why they don't just merge the 2 since ours is mixed now? I'm sure some wouldn't like that on both sides but I'm all for bigger leagues. Both are sanctioned too. There was about 5 4 women teams last year so only adding about 20 more people or so
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    LThe only exception I can see is for people who wear glasses.
    Yeah I wear glasses and the mask causes me to fog up lot, We don't have to wear one while bowling though.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Well I went to my normal leaque house to pratice today. There are clear plastic sheets between the pair going from the scorer to the tables where you sit. You go in one door and exit the other door. masks at all times and it really did not bother me much as I shot 963 for 4 games. We may be alternating lanes in leaque but still not sure. Will no everything next tuesday when leaque starts. Steve
    Current arsenal...Roto Grip Nuclear Cell, Hustle PBR, Roto Grip Gem, Idle Helios and Own It Spare. 300 rev rate, 16 mph off hand, 13.3 tilt,61 degrees rotation pap 4 9/16 over 1 1/8 up.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Well I went to my normal leaque house to pratice today. There are clear plastic sheets between the pair going from the scorer to the tables where you sit. You go in one door and exit the other door. masks at all times and it really did not bother me much as I shot 963 for 4 games. We may be alternating lanes in leaque but still not sure. Will no everything next tuesday when leaque starts. Steve
    Even though USBC now allows teams to compete on separate lanes instead of sharing a pair it would seem that some people have figured out having two teams share a pair and having every other pair vacant allows the same amount social distancing as putting single teams on every other lane.
    John

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast