Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fall league meeting tonight

High Roller
    Chats: 0

Default Fall league meeting tonight

Friend/teammate is going. Will let you know what was said, etc. Fall league starts 9/1
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

High Roller

ok. On the structural side we will have (3) 3rds instead of (2) 1/2s. Fees will still be $20, same as last year. On the COVID/safety side masks are required at all times except while sitting at your table and while on the approach but you have to wear it while walking from the table to the approach. Full lane courtesy meaning you cannot be touching the approach at all when there is a person in the next lane on the approach. This will slow things down as we usually are getting our ball wiped down, hand blower, etc while the other is on the approach. That's fine but they wanted to push the start time back and with the changes we likely wouldn't get done until close to midnight so start time will stay at 6:00 or 6:30 (can't remember what it is). And now mixed league so women are allowed. Looks like probably 12 teams (5 man teams). We have one on our team that probably won't be back due to finances caused by COVID, one that might not bowl because he has 2 very young grandchildren and he doesn't want to put them at risk, and one that won't bowl because he is the father of those 2 grandkids and just started a new job. So might only be me and one other as returning team members.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

High Roller

Confirmed 3 of the 5 of us not coming back this year. Ultimately all due to COVID. 2 because of the risk and 1 because of a reduction in income due to it
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Ringer

My Fall league starts 9/11. No changes to format/structure/guidelines. Bowling as usual. A few people have dropped off, some due to the pandemic and others for other personal reasons. However we also picked up some people so from what I understand there is no net change to the size of the league.

Hopefully everyone will follow the guidelines this Fall. If the PA Governor and Secretary of Health saw what was going on in our center right now on the evening adult leagues, they would certainly not be pleased.

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
    My Fall league starts 9/11. No changes to format/structure/guidelines. Bowling as usual. A few people have dropped off, some due to the pandemic and others for other personal reasons. However we also picked up some people so from what I understand there is no net change to the size of the league.

Hopefully everyone will follow the guidelines this Fall. If the PA Governor and Secretary of Health saw what was going on in our center right now on the evening adult leagues, they would certainly not be pleased.
    We had 16 teams last year. They said the other night they were thinking 12 teams this year but they opened it to women too.

Seems Dr. Levine might be in some hot water. The Carlisle car show violated the restrictions but they received a waiver from Dr. Levine. Butler county has a large car swap meet and fairs that had to be cancelled. Apparently they tried to get waivers and were told no waivers period. Somehow Levine approved one for Carlisle and the local news channels handed the waivers over to local state reps who aren't happy. When Levine was asked she said she could not comment on legal matters.

Not trying to say waivers should or should not be permitted but the point is certain people are being allowed to carry on as usual while the majority are made to follow the rules.
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    We had 16 teams last year. They said the other night they were thinking 12 teams this year but they opened it to women too.

Seems Dr. Levine might be in some hot water. The Carlisle car show violated the restrictions but they received a waiver from Dr. Levine. Butler county has a large car swap meet and fairs that had to be cancelled. Apparently they tried to get waivers and were told no waivers period. Somehow Levine approved one for Carlisle and the local news channels handed the waivers over to local state reps who aren't happy. When Levine was asked she said she could not comment on legal matters.

Not trying to say waivers should or should not be permitted but the point is certain people are being allowed to carry on as usual while the majority are made to follow the rules.
    There is definitely a lot of ambiguity from the state when it comes to the guidelines. Some businesses follow them to the letter, others loosely follow them, others don't follow them one bit. Enforcing them is virtually impossible. A lot of law enforcement officials do not want to fine businesses who are simply trying to survive at this point. The guidelines are so varied by industry that it is becoming impossible for people and businesses to know if they are doing the right thing.

The Dr. Levine/Carlisle issue is kind of interesting. In reading the "confidential agreement", there are definitely some questionable aspects to the waiver. It definitely hurts all of the businesses and people who shut down and canceled their events and is unfair to them. I get that the Carlisle Car Show is a huge event and a boost to the local economy. At the same time, all of the other events that took it upon themselves to cancel due to the Governor's and Health Department's orders took an economic hit by following the rules.

It looks really bad, and I don't see how Dr. Levine is going to come out of this one unscathed.

High Roller

Not sure how things are gonna look this year. 3 of our 5 aren't coming back so my wife agreed to give it a go. She will probably be about a 110 avg bowler based on the times we went for fun. I have to try to talk her into getting a ball. She uses the 6lb house ball but I don't really want her using plastic because of the effects on the oil. Think it will be that much of an impact? I'm going to try to talk her into an 8lb Twist. She already warned me she is only there for fun and doesn't want any advice. She thinks I take it too seriously...lol. So we also picked up a husband and wife. He is a no thumb bowler with about a 175 avg and she has about a 150 avg. Neither one of them can be there the first night due to late notice. I'm sure other teams will be in a similar situation too.
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Not sure how things are gonna look this year. 3 of our 5 aren't coming back so my wife agreed to give it a go. She will probably be about a 110 avg bowler based on the times we went for fun. I have to try to talk her into getting a ball. She uses the 6lb house ball but I don't really want her using plastic because of the effects on the oil. Think it will be that much of an impact? I'm going to try to talk her into an 8lb Twist. She already warned me she is only there for fun and doesn't want any advice. She thinks I take it too seriously...lol. So we also picked up a husband and wife. He is a no thumb bowler with about a 175 avg and she has about a 150 avg. Neither one of them can be there the first night due to late notice. I'm sure other teams will be in a similar situation too.
    I bowl in a league that used to have several couples that bowled in it. In most of the cases the husband and wife were on separate teams.
    John

Ringer

One person using plastic will have little impact. The oil will change during the course of the night regardless of ball type. Part of the challenge of bowling is "chasing" the shot and moving as needed.

I got a call from a team member on the upcoming season. We will be bowling on one lane for each team. There will be a piece of plexiglass seperating the pair and you will need to wear a mask at all times. If you want a drink you have to by food. There will be a waitress cruising around if you want a pop or food. They will be cleaning the lanes between leaques and you can not enter the center until it is cleaned. It looks like a lot of extra money spent by the owners but that was the only way they could do it here in Western N.Y. Steve
    Current arsenal...Roto Grip Nuclear Cell, Hustle PBR, Roto Grip Gem, Idle Helios and Own It Spare. 300 rev rate, 16 mph off hand, 13.3 tilt,61 degrees rotation pap 4 9/16 over 1 1/8 up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast