Thread: So HOT!!!!!!

Chats: 55

Default So HOT!!!!!!

We have officially hit 50 days of over 110 degrees...old record was 33 days. Not much relief in sight either.

Although, I am really glad to be back bowling, this makes it difficult to bowl in a mask. The HVAC units seem to be stressed trying to keep up with the heat. I go through about 2-3 masks while bowling since I seem to sweat with them. Go through 4 or 5 a day sometimes, depending on how much I have to be out and about.

Just looking for ideas for cooler masks, or ideas for staying cooler with them on. Anyone tried gators? All suggestions welcome. I just keeping changing the masks and washing a whole lot of masks every few days.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by classygranny View Post
    We have officially hit 50 days of over 110 degrees...old record was 33 days. Not much relief in sight either.

Although, I am really glad to be back bowling, this makes it difficult to bowl in a mask. The HVAC units seem to be stressed trying to keep up with the heat. I go through about 2-3 masks while bowling since I seem to sweat with them. Go through 4 or 5 a day sometimes, depending on how much I have to be out and about.

Just looking for ideas for cooler masks, or ideas for staying cooler with them on. Anyone tried gators? All suggestions welcome. I just keeping changing the masks and washing a whole lot of masks every few days.
    A guy I bowl with likes gaiters, but he was shot down recently at the doctors office when he showed up in his gaiter. He was told to remove it and immediately put on a standard ear loop mask. The doctor said the gaiter was ineffective, not safe, and a waste of time and money. So, while he swears the gaiter is cooler and more comfortable his doctor "ruined" it for him.

110 degrees is hot...I am not sure there is any perfect mask for that kind of heat.