Finish: 3000 LSP
Length: 14.5
Backend: 17.5
Hook: 55
Flare Potential: 5+

Ripcord Flight
/ˈripkôrd/ˈflīt
Noun:

1. Designed to produce powerful traction in oil while reserving energy for impressive continuation down lane on medium oil.

2. Possess the Oblivion core which assists in creating length and angle and is wrapped in the Turmoil Max Solid Reactive cover stock.

Ball Reaction: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wf5CynRxU0 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eg1be-yYbro

Strengths

The Ripcord Flight's slow response downlane makes it a killer on flatter conditions and on conditions with enough oil in the front of the lane.

Turmoil Max Solid Reactive provides plenty of hook and blends out fresh patterns to set up weaker equipment later in league and tournament blocks.

The Ripcord Flight is more forward than sideways at the breakpoint to that of the original Ripcord.

Ripcord Flight has more overall hook than the original Ripcord. The aggressive coverstock makes this one of the strongest symmetrical pieces in the Motiv product line.

Weakness

The early traction that this ball provides made it too smooth after the patterns broke down in the front and got tighter down lane.

Summary

Ripcord Flight uses the same Oblivion core that was also in the original Ripcord and the Paranoia series, the difference is the Turmoil Max Solid Reactive coverstock which is responsible for the traction it provides.

Upon taking flight the cover grabs rather quickly with a smooth arc which I found beneficial when I misfired at the bottom of my release because Ripcord Flight will roll and not checkmark as Ripcord would. Ripcord Flight adds an early and smooth symmetrical ball within the Motiv lineup, it is aggressive enough to give you a more arc shape for heavier volumes of oil and flatter conditions.

Ripcord Flight is that feeler ball for me as it gives me an even read to feel out the pattern because it doesn’t give me too much or too little of ball reaction, the color scheme is just as attractive as the ball motion. If you had a love jones for the Paranoia series as I have I encourage you to take Flight, if your paranoia got the better of you preventing you from trying the Paranoia series again I encourage you to take Flight.

Your game will thank you for it.

K.C. White II
Logo Infusion Staffer
Motiv Staffer