Thread: Wifes 2nd week bowling

High Roller
    Chats: 0

Default Wifes 2nd week bowling

Well prior to last week my wife had probably bowled maybe 30 games in her whole life. Since they opened our league to women she decided to bowl. She isn't a big fan of it but figured she'd give it a try. She is using an 8lb house ball for now. Ordered her a new 8lb Twist but it isn't in yet. Tried to get her into a 10 or 12 but she refused and she refused any help too. She said she is there for fun and whatever she bowls she bowls. So last week she had 87, 73, 86. She got a little better tonight. 123, 106, 77 so now her average is 92. Problem is max handicap is 85 so anything below about 136 hurts us but we are having fun.

She should have her new ball next week so maybe that will help too.
    Arsenal "15# Brunswick Uppercut" "15# Brunswick Ignitor" "15# Radical Squatch Pearl" "15# Radical Conspiracy" "15# Brunswick Kingpin" "15# Hammer Black Widow Gold" "15# Brunswick Rhino Black Pearl" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 325 @ about 16 MPH at the pins* High Game: 279 - High Series: 657
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!
    I am a proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums

Chats: 221

See iof you can get the pro shop operaterto give her a gfew tips on rolling her n ew ball. Many tiomes wives and kids won't listyen to family.
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Years ago Wendy Macpherson gave me some really good advice for coaches: never coach anyone who you've ever seen naked. That includes your spouse, and YOURSELF! LOL

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Years ago Wendy Macpherson gave me some really good advice for coaches: never coach anyone who you've ever seen naked. That includes your spouse, and YOURSELF! LOL
    lol. Good tip!

Picked up her new ball today. Her average after 2 weeks was 92. Today she rolled 105, 119, and 105 with it.She will be bowling league with it again Tuesday. I pre-bowled today cause I won't be there Tuesday but I'll post that in another thread. But picked up my replacement for the cracked Glam and 1/2 way through the 2nd game my one insert landed 1/2 way down the lane...lol. But left a ton of 7's with it.
    Arsenal "15# Brunswick Uppercut" "15# Brunswick Ignitor" "15# Radical Squatch Pearl" "15# Radical Conspiracy" "15# Brunswick Kingpin" "15# Hammer Black Widow Gold" "15# Brunswick Rhino Black Pearl" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 325 @ about 16 MPH at the pins* High Game: 279 - High Series: 657
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

High Roller

Well I pre-bowled so was a cheerleader tonight but wife bowled with her new ball. She is getting better. 116, 101, 91 (308). New average is 95.5
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!