Layout
55 x 5” x 25

Worth. The. Wait! MOTIV’s first ever tri-colored ball has arrived and its name is Jackal Flash. Taking the highest volume, quickest responding spot on the chart, the marriage of the proven Predator V2 core (2.47RG, .054Diff) and the lightening-fast Infusion HV Pearl coverstock (5000 LSP) has produced an amazing piece that provides both length up front with down-lane snap and strong mid-lane read with continuation through the pin deck.

I laid this Jackal out the same as I did the Golden Jackal as I liked the overall shape that release produced and was wanting something similar yet quicker. Comparing those two balls is like comparing apples to oranges. The Flash is leaps and bounds quicker at the spot while still not sacrificing any of the strong mid-lane read that the Predator V2 core is known for. While it may sound slightly unbelievable to say that a ball has both mid-lane traction and down-lane snap together, this Jackal defies that logic. Out of the box, on the fresh, I was already a solid 3-2 left of my Forge Fire. The ball was clean through the fronts with a ridiculous backend finish; I could miss a solid two boards right at the arrows and still have it scream back into the pocket. Transitions came quickly for this ball, meaning I had to make bigger moves than normal when I started going high flush. Even with this in mind, the more I moved left and opened up the lane, the harder the Flash wanted to read the mid-lane and finish strong on the backend; there was no quit! I was able to throw all three games of league that night with this ball which is something I have not been able to do with just one in quite some time (I finished laying down 38 and crossing 26). Since that night, this ball has repeated its performance time and again. The confidence in throwing a pearl on the fresh that is this strong yet versatile enough to go the distance is a feeling that is nothing short of amazing. Jackal Flash. Those two words are on everyone’s tongue these days in my area as they now know that they are synonymous with an exceptional piece.

Trent Overbey
In the Zone Pro Shop
MOTIV Staff
www.motivbowling.com