Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bowling Explained - Episodes

Chats: 204

Okay...somebody (me) is going to be watching these when he should be working tomorrow...

Kinda interesting.

I liked the ones with the guy the worked with the robot...at least the first one where he wasn't half asleep.

Even though I'm a big PWBA fan (much more so than the PBA), I found those interviews a bit unwatchable. Mostly just endless rambling about their personal lives. And Rash....it was more just an interview with Rash...not much info for the everyday bowler about lane play. More like, "if you were a future HOF PBA bowler, what would your thoughts on lane play be?" Well, 97% of that had nothing to do with guys/gals that bowl league on Thursday nights...not really.

Some really cool stuff about research about entry angles and stuff though...things I remember from conversations we've had over the years in the forum.

I miss pre-pandemic times...and pre-Aslan having a job times...when I used to spend my weekdays sitting around with my laptop hooked to the flat screen watching PBA50 qualifying or PWBA qualifying on BowlTV. Pretty much just me and maybe 25-250 other people total across the country...watching some 1st round of an event in Indiana.

Ahh...the good ole days.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default Bowling Explained - Episode 10 - Lou Marquez Discusses Bowling Ball Layouts

On this episode of Bowling Explained, USBC Gold Coach Lou Marquez discusses the importance of understanding bowling ball layouts, how much impact they actually have on ball motion, and how to find the right layout for your game.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

I love Lou's latest video...mainly because it validated nearly everything I've been saying for the last five years. I'm sure the layout geeks HATED it though.

The only thing I 'maybe' had disproven was the idea of pin up going longer and pin down going shorter. He kinda said that, but then said something a little different later in the video. I think it kinda depends on where your PAP is as to what pin up versus pin down actually does...which is not what I used to have as my understanding...but, thats why we learn from people who know stuff. I'll have to remember to write down my PAP next time I get my balls drilled...if the pro shop is willing to do that. Usually they are mega busy and I hate to bother them....plus, I may have a new job by then and thus a new pro shop....so, we'll see.

But, I like Lou's videos the best. He's a good explainer of a topic that is hard to explain...and without the overt "know it illness" of Mo Pinel.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Bowling Explained - Episode 11 - Wesley Low Jr. on Two-Handed Bowling

On this week's show, former junior and collegiate, and now-PBA star Wesley Low Jr. shares his perspective on two-handed bowling: from it's evolution as a style, to his best advice for up-and-coming two-handed bowlers.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Bowling Explained - Episode 12 - Tony Franklin on How to Average 250 in League

Host of the Out of Range podcast and 8-time PBA Regional champion Tony Franklin, who averaged 247 for the entire 2017-2018 league season, discusses his advice for how to average high in league and why learning how to throw huge scores and big strings of strikes should be an important part of any bowler's development.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12