Bowler Stats:
Rev Rate – 400-425
Ball Speed – 16.5 mph (down-lane)
PAP – 3 3/4 over, zero
Right-handed

Test Environment:
41’ USBC White 2

Review:
The Limited Edition ExJ VIP brings me back to the first couple of MOTIV bowling balls I ever owned, the Thrash and QZ1 Purple, which both contained the Quadfire Core. While expecting a benchmark type reaction with the VIP, I compared it with the Ripcord Flight which has been one of the first pieces out of my bag at a lot of tournaments recently. Generally using the Ripcord Flight on the fresher patterns, I was sure that the VIP would be a bit faster responsive downlane than the Ripcord Flight. It didn’t take me long to realize how well these two pair together. The VIP also has the amount of control that it can be used on fresh patterns and throughout the night or block of games.

Infusion Cover
Controlled Backend Motion

Dislikes:
None

Summary:
The ExJ VIP brings me back to the first MOTIV pieces that I ever had, but with a huge upgrade with the Infusion Cover. Although a Limited Edition, this is going to be huge for anyone that gets there hands on one (or two+). I can’t express in words how well the ExJ VIP performs and matches well especially with my game.

Darryl Carreon
MOTIV Staff / PBA Member