Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: New best series tonight

That's very interesting, guys. I'll try to pay more attention to my starting and stopping position this weekend, and see what happens if I get to a couple inches of the foul line. Thanks for sharing your insights.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by J Daisy View Post
    That's very interesting, guys. I'll try to pay more attention to my starting and stopping position this weekend, and see what happens if I get to a couple inches of the foul line. Thanks for sharing your insights.
    You may also want to any side to side variations. Your slide foot doesn’t necessarily have to end up on the same board it started on, but if for example it winds up two boards left on your first throw it should almost alway wind up about two left.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    You may also want to any side to side variations. Your slide foot doesn’t necessarily have to end up on the same board it started on, but if for example it winds up two boards left on your first throw it should almost alway wind up about two left.
    I'll keep that in mind, thanks. It's so hard for me to draw that line between thinking and overthinking, so we'll see how this goes.

High Roller
    Chats: 0

Much better night. Really didn't feel like going and if I had a fill-in I probably wouldn't have went. Started with the Uppercut and tried focusing on where my ball dropped off the deck. Lanes were a little dry so added some speed. Right lane was a little drier than left so I was a little further inside on that lane. My accuracy wasn't great but I had some miss room with my lines and was getting great carry. Game 2 my accuracy got a little worse and struggled to strike. Luckily I kept it clean the first 2 games. Game 3 started with 2 strikes then missed a 6 pin after tugging it then next frame missed a 7 pin to the inside. Those were my only 2 opens all night. After that I switched to the Igniter and slowed my speed back down a little. First frame with it I stayed on my same line but the ball went pretty straight and deflected but still struck. After that I moved back outside to about the 7 board to increase my angle. Strung together 7 in a row until the 12th frame left a 2-7 baby split. I focused on watching the ball drop off the deck and when I saw it start drifting left too far I made an adjustment or ball change. Pretty happy with how it went. Real happy with my spare shooting other than those 2 opens. Rolled a 691. That is my 2nd highest ever behind my 725 a few months ago.

We had some high scores on our pair tonight so not getting too hyped with my scores.

Our team:
    me 190 average rolled 691
    teammate 185 average rolled a 635

other team
    186 average rolled a 668
    197 average rolled a 682
    188 average rolled a 620

We won the first game but lost the next 2. We beat our average every game but the other team smoked their averages the 2nd and 3rd games. They beat their averages by about 100 each of those 2 games.

I had high series on our pair so happy with that.

Had 61% strikes (21/34) and 83% spares (6/6 multiple pin and 4/6 single pin).

Rolled 245, 202, 244

On another note a guy threw his first ever 300 tonight.
    Arsenal "15# Brunswick Uppercut" "15# Brunswick Igniter" "15# Radical Squatch Pearl" "15# Radical Conspiracy" "15# Brunswick Kingpin" "15# Hammer Black Widow Gold" "15# Brunswick Rhino Black Pearl" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 325 @ about 16 MPH at the pins* High Game: 279 - High Series: 725
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!
    I am a proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums

High Roller
    Chats: 0

Hardest 596 I think I ever bowled. Had to work for every pin. We bowled a pretty good team and won the first game by 84. Lost game 2 by 22 and lost game 3 by 3. We won total pins. My wife killed it. Got a new best. Her previous best was 147. She bowled a 168 tonight and had a 441 (147 average). She threw a 4 bagger in game 3. Her average was 108 at the start of the night.

So I started with the Uppercut but didn't have much miss room but I was pretty consistent so it was working. Game 3 I switched to the Igniter but couldn't hit my mark until about the 4th or 5th frame. Finished that game pretty strong but the damage was done by then. I rolled a 194, 214, and 188 (596). My timing and balance felt a little better tonight but some shots I seemed to get a little more rotation than others so I think that was my biggest issue tonight. Teammate rolled a 670.

Our top average bowler rolled a 300 in the pair next to us tonight. I think it's his 2nd this season in this league. He has about a 231 average.

Overall I'm ok with a 596 tonight. Seemed like I was much worse than that. Felt more like a 550. We have a bye next week. We still need to be within 50 pins of our average to get the points so not a day to sandbag.

Talked to one of the guys in my league that bowled in the same tournament I am planning to bowl in 2 weeks. It's a local tour and he said they are using sport patterns at all of them now. When I bowled it they had been using a house pattern and the one I was in was the first time they used a sport pattern. We were on a 47' Scorpion. So looks like I will be hitting a sport pattern for only my 2nd time ever...lol
    Arsenal "15# Brunswick Uppercut" "15# Brunswick Igniter" "15# Radical Squatch Pearl" "15# Radical Conspiracy" "15# Brunswick Kingpin" "15# Hammer Black Widow Gold" "15# Brunswick Rhino Black Pearl" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 325 @ about 16 MPH at the pins* High Game: 279 - High Series: 725
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!
    I am a proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789