Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: New best series tonight

High Roller
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    On the spare shooting I agree. Half the battle is figuring out a system that works for you. The other half is practicing enough that it becomes automatic. With some of the kids that I coach it drives me crazy. They will hit 5 or 6 ten pins in a row, dead center, and then completely whiff three or four. Also, with some of us, if we are getting a lot of strikes we start missing easy spares. Other times, like when it feels like youíre shooting your twentieth ten pin of the night and youíre only halfway through the second game you start missing them.

I doubt if youíre playing down to the competition. More likely itís that the season has ceased being fun.

Sounds like the other team needs a talking to from the league officials. One bowler with 5 balls on the rack? Starting an approach before the other bowler has finished his shot? All five bowlers standing right behind the approach? I hope itís a case of relative newbies who are more used to open bowling than league bowling. These are all pretty serious violations of lane courtesy. I know that right now both centers and leagues are wary of saying anything that might cause a bowler, or a team to quit, but if these guys act like this every week youíre going to have other teams dropping out because they doní want to put up with this nonsense.
    No these guys have been around for awhile. The 2 main culprits are in their 70's and have been league bowlers for years. But the V.P. is on that team. I get along great with him and most of his team. And for clarification, he didn't have all 5 balls on the upper rack. We have lower racks and he had a few there and then a few in ball cups on the floor behind the return. But after every shot it was like musical balls, shuffling them around and constantly wiping each one.

As far as my spares, I used to be a good spare shooter in my previous bowling life. Not so much strikes though. Now my strikes are much better but spares suffer
    Arsenal "15# Brunswick Uppercut" "15# Brunswick Igniter" "15# Radical Squatch Pearl" "15# Radical Conspiracy" "15# Brunswick Kingpin" "15# Hammer Black Widow Gold" "15# Brunswick Rhino Black Pearl" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 325 @ about 16 MPH at the pins* High Game: 279 - High Series: 725
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!
    I am a proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums

High Roller

A little better but not great. Bowled a top team (PSO and owner are on this team and like 4 of the top 6 or 7 average guys in the league are on this team). First game their scores were from 279 to 221. Yeah, their low game was 221. PSO shot a 752 and their other guys were 656, 657, 706, and 652...lol. We were getting 201 pins each game and they still crushed us all 3 games. Our series were 458, 310, 661, 586 (me), and 551.

So I wanted to focus on spares tonight and I definitely had my chances there since I didn't strike much...lol. Used the Uppercut the first 2.5 games and had issues with consistency. Moved in to about the 12-13 board and liked that line but I kept missing to the inside and going Brooklyn. 7th frame of game 3 switched to the Igniter and moved out to the 7 board and threw 5 of 6 strikes. Overall I was happy with my spare shooting even though I missed a few easy ones. Those were due to my inconsistency and not because I felt lost. Still not happy with my bowling but tonight was a little step in the right direction. Tournament this Sunday so wish me luck.

Tonight: 180, 192, 214 (586). Running average 190.5
    Arsenal "15# Brunswick Uppercut" "15# Brunswick Igniter" "15# Radical Squatch Pearl" "15# Radical Conspiracy" "15# Brunswick Kingpin" "15# Hammer Black Widow Gold" "15# Brunswick Rhino Black Pearl" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 325 @ about 16 MPH at the pins* High Game: 279 - High Series: 725
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

High Roller

So tonight was a little better. Had a clean game and almost had 2. Strike ball was good too except the 1st game. That one was a struggle. I started with the Uppercut but couldn't hit my mark consistently. 1st game was a 169. 2nd game switched to the Igniter and moved out to the 7 board and that did the trick. 2nd game was 215 and would have been clean if I hadn't just missed the head pin on a 1-3-6. 3rd game was 237 clean. Even though game 1 was a struggle I'm still happy with the end result. Had a 621 and it was my first 600 since 2/23 (691). I did have a couple of 570's, 580's and 590's in there. We won 2 out of 3 against the 3rd place team too.

I think we only have 2 weeks left and I'm not bowling summer league so hope to make the most of the last 2 weeks
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011