Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: New best series tonight

High Roller
    Chats: 0

Game 3 I was still hitting the pocket but kept leaving corner pins, including a pocket 7-10. I did pick up quite a bit of speed in game 3 to try to combat. I was in around the 10-12 board by then. Probably should have dropped down to my Igniter or moved in more

EDIT: Started trying to pay attention to my ball as it exits the deck and it was later in the night but noticed it was dropping at about the 8 pin. Looking at the videos I'm wondering if my ball isn't getting into the roll phase? If that is the case do you think a 2000 surface might have been better? I had a fresh 3000 matte on it last night (wet on the spinner)
    Last edited by boatman37; 01-13-2021 at 08:29 PM.
    Arsenal "15# Brunswick Uppercut" "15# Brunswick Ignitor" "15# Radical Squatch Pearl" "15# Radical Conspiracy" "15# Brunswick Kingpin" "15# Hammer Black Widow Gold" "15# Brunswick Rhino Black Pearl" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 325 @ about 16 MPH at the pins* High Game: 279 - High Series: 725
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!
    I am a proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums

High Roller

Back to last nights results. I said our opponent had the highest handicap game for the night...well we probably had 4th highest cause 3rd highest was 1195 and we had 1193 in the first game. So even having that good of a game we had it the same game our opponents had the 2nd highest handicap games of the night and later they beat that and had the highest of the night...ugh
    Arsenal "15# Brunswick Uppercut" "15# Brunswick Ignitor" "15# Radical Squatch Pearl" "15# Radical Conspiracy" "15# Brunswick Kingpin" "15# Hammer Black Widow Gold" "15# Brunswick Rhino Black Pearl" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 325 @ about 16 MPH at the pins* High Game: 279 - High Series: 725
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

I feel your pain - honestly, it feels like that all the time (not now. . . Cali is still closed for bowling)

I think a lot of it is my father-in-law - he is 87, still carries 170-180 avg and TALKS and TALKS and TALKS. If you are good, he'll talk smack. If you aren't good, he'll help. If you're right in the middle, he'll tell dirty jokes. Everyone says they love bowling against us - and I think it's true both because they enjoy him (and I'll admit, I tend to join in . . . ) but I guess we elevate the competition.

It does get old, though.

High Roller

Well I was consistent. Not great. Bowled my average the whole night. Not happy with that because the last month or so I'm averaging about 15 pins higher than my current average so if you look at it from that perspective I struggled. Overall I wasn't happy with my night. I struggled to find that miss room and seemed like I had to be right on to strike. My speed ranged from 13.5 at the pins to 17.5. Started the night slower but as the lanes dried I started throwing 9's and the increased speed helped stay in the pocket and with the carry. Missed some easy spares too.

Now, we bowled the first place team that had only lost 1 game this 3rd, We are in last place by quite a bit. This team is stacked and I think they have like 4 of the top 7 or 8 average bowlers on this team and the top 2 in our league are on this team. Those top 2 didn't bowl tonight. One of the other top ones pre-bowled and was slightly below his average every game. The first game we won by 14 pins. Only the 2nd game they have lost this 3rd. Game 2 they won by 11. I opened in the 10 or we would have won that one. 3rd game we got stomped. They won by 167. We were slightly below our average 3rd game but they were about 100 over theirs. Given all of that I'm happy with the way it went tonight. Just wish I would have bowled a little better. I used the Uppercut all night

Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567