Thread: My Columbia white dot plastic ball worked great today on league.....

Chats: 0

Default My Columbia white dot plastic ball worked great today on league.....

When I bought it maybe three years ago it was called the Lava ball. It is orange, black and yellow. Today I decided to use it as my first ball shot. Some folks would say that I am missing a few screws. Well I bowled a 190, 191 and a 182. My last game was probably because of oil push down. LOL. In the second game I had five strikes in the first six frames. In the eight and ninth frame I had splits that I almost picked up leaving just one pin both times. That last pin was missed by maybe 1/16 of an inch by the pin flying by it. I ended up with 2 strikes and a nine count in the tenth frame. I didn't even have to adjust differently on both lanes. I stayed in the same spot on both. I did have to move slightly left on both for a more solid hit in the pocket. A lot of my hits that got strikes were what they call in the pros mixer strikes. That means that it looked like a light hit but it scrambled the pins knocking them down. If I didn't get a strike on the first ball I got a nine count with an easy spare pickup. I am left handed so the arch of my right slide foot was on board 15. As the game went on I had to adjust left just slightly. Sometimes instead of adjusting left I would move back about 6 inches. It seemed like have a more direct shot to the pocket was better then trying to figure out where I should be with my balls that hook to the pocket. When I threw this ball between boards one and five it had a very nice slight hook to the pocket. I tried to keep my shot with a nice and easy release to not have too much speed. I am still amazed how the plastic ball worked for all three games. A 563 series with a plastic ball for all three games isn't too bad. I don't practice anymore either.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    When I bought it maybe three years ago it was called the Lava ball. It is orange, black and yellow. Today I decided to use it as my first ball shot. Some folks would say that I am missing a few screws. Well I bowled a 190, 191 and a 182. My last game was probably because of oil push down. LOL. In the second game I had five strikes in the first six frames. In the eight and ninth frame I had splits that I almost picked up leaving just one pin both times. That last pin was missed by maybe 1/16 of an inch by the pin flying by it. I ended up with 2 strikes and a nine count in the tenth frame. I didn't even have to adjust differently on both lanes. I stayed in the same spot on both. I did have to move slightly left on both for a more solid hit in the pocket. A lot of my hits that got strikes were what they call in the pros mixer strikes. That means that it looked like a light hit but it scrambled the pins knocking them down. If I didn't get a strike on the first ball I got a nine count with an easy spare pickup. I am left handed so the arch of my right slide foot was on board 15. As the game went on I had to adjust left just slightly. Sometimes instead of adjusting left I would move back about 6 inches. It seemed like have a more direct shot to the pocket was better then trying to figure out where I should be with my balls that hook to the pocket. When I threw this ball between boards one and five it had a very nice slight hook to the pocket. I tried to keep my shot with a nice and easy release to not have too much speed. I am still amazed how the plastic ball worked for all three games. A 563 series with a plastic ball for all three games isn't too bad. I don't practice anymore either.
    Shush! Bowlers may realize they don’t need to bring three different strike balls for league on a THS. Storm’s and Brunswick’s business model of continually introducing new bowling balls will collapse. Workers will be laid off, factories closed and pro shops will go out of business, and it will all be your fault! J.K.

Seriously, people were able to throw high scoring games and 600 series long before the advent of urethane and reactive resin. For those of us with less ball speed, polyester might be a better choice than whatever Lavoie and O’Neill were throwing Sunday.
    John

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    Shush! Bowlers may realize they don’t need to bring three different strike balls for league on a THS. Storm’s and Brunswick’s business model of continually introducing new bowling balls will collapse. Workers will be laid off, factories closed and pro shops will go out of business, and it will all be your fault! J.K.

Seriously, people were able to throw high scoring games and 600 series long before the advent of urethane and reactive resin. For those of us with less ball speed, polyester might be a better choice than whatever Lavoie and O’Neill were throwing Sunday.
    When I was throwing my plastic ball my speed was around 11.50 consistently. I am 74 now so my highest speed will be 13.50. It really surprised me how well the plastic ball was working for my go to ball. Who would ever think that anyone would have a plastic ball for a go to ball.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.