Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: New best series tonight

Ringer
    Chats: 0

On our league we bowl for 15 points per night. Scratch league. 3-man teams. 1 point if you beat the bowler lined up against you head-to-head, then another 2 points if the team wins total for the game. 5 points possible per game x 3 games.

Ringer

oh you got a match-point league? Oh so jealous! Those are so much fun!

Well, I'm also jealous that you get to BOWL . . . but also, now, for having a match point league.

Ringer

Hopefully Newsom will let the CA bowling centers reopen soon!

The match point league is really fun. It is a great group of people!

Both leagues I am in have a 40 point system. 5 point a game team and 1 point per game individual plus totals . You can move a lot in a short time with this system. It is a handicap league and sometimes I will spot 70 pins a game and all it takes is one of them guys to get a little warm and it is tough to win. Scratch leagues are very rare now in my area. I go to have fun but still completive. I do not get upset anymore. Steve
    Current arsenal...Roto Grip Nuclear Cell, Hustle PBR, Roto Grip Gem, Idle Helios and Own It Spare. 300 rev rate, 16 mph off hand, 13.3 tilt,61 degrees rotation pap 4 9/16 over 1 1/8 up.

High Roller

So 'practiced' tonight. We had a 'bye' for position round but to get the points you have to be within 50 pins of your average each game (team average). We lost the first game and won the next 2 and total pins to go 5-2. I tried to bowl good but my primary concern was working on issues. One issue was my hop, second issue was my inconsistency and uncomfortability playing the inside. Another issue was I stop about 3' before the foul line so tonight I moved my starting point up about 2' to finish closer to the foul line. Hop is still there but seemed to get better with it. Moving closer to the foul line seemed to help with my accuracy and spares.

I targeted the 15 board the first 2 games with an occasional 17 board shot. Got pretty consistent with it but very over/under. If I missed by 1 board inside it went Brooklyn, 1 board outside and it was a very light hit, usually not even getting back to the head pin. But my point was to get comfortable and consistent with it.

So rolled a 463 and didn't even have a double until the 10th frame of the last game. And I was still trying to score good.

Be interested in seeing if this helped. The over/under thing I'm hoping was just cause the lanes weren't burnt enough for that line to work? Sure I could have found a better line but that wasn't my point. And think I'm gonna try to get some help with my hop. I will continue to work on no step drills here at home but might get my wifes co-worker to come work with me. She is certified through Dick Ritger. Oh, and I used the Uppercut all night except a few times I threw the Conspiracy just for comparison. Didn't see much difference.

Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Just out of curiosity, why do you post your same scores on two different threads each week? I'm sure 521 is not your new best series! LOL

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why do you post your same scores on two different threads each week? I'm sure 521 is not your new best series! LOL
    I thought about that too but what I was doing was just a summarization under the scores topic and more detail here. Things like what I tried or what I struggled with. Adding the scores was just extra but if it is a problem I can quit adding them here
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    So 'practiced' tonight. We had a 'bye' for position round but to get the points you have to be within 50 pins of your average each game (team average). We lost the first game and won the next 2 and total pins to go 5-2. I tried to bowl good but my primary concern was working on issues. One issue was my hop, second issue was my inconsistency and uncomfortability playing the inside. Another issue was I stop about 3' before the foul line so tonight I moved my starting point up about 2' to finish closer to the foul line. Hop is still there but seemed to get better with it. Moving closer to the foul line seemed to help with my accuracy and spares.

I targeted the 15 board the first 2 games with an occasional 17 board shot. Got pretty consistent with it but very over/under. If I missed by 1 board inside it went Brooklyn, 1 board outside and it was a very light hit, usually not even getting back to the head pin. But my point was to get comfortable and consistent with it.

So rolled a 463 and didn't even have a double until the 10th frame of the last game. And I was still trying to score good.

Be interested in seeing if this helped. The over/under thing I'm hoping was just cause the lanes weren't burnt enough for that line to work? Sure I could have found a better line but that wasn't my point. And think I'm gonna try to get some help with my hop. I will continue to work on no step drills here at home but might get my wifes co-worker to come work with me. She is certified through Dick Ritger. Oh, and I used the Uppercut all night except a few times I threw the Conspiracy just for comparison. Didn't see much difference.
    Your scores on a bad day are still much better than mine usually, haha.

I'm curious to know what prompted you to move closer to the foul line, and what the usual distance from it is. I usually end up about a foot from it. Is that bad?

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by J Daisy View Post
    Your scores on a bad day are still much better than mine usually, haha.

I'm curious to know what prompted you to move closer to the foul line, and what the usual distance from it is. I usually end up about a foot from it. Is that bad?
    Boatman37 moved up because he realized he was stopping about 3’ from the foul line.

To stop a foot from the line isn’t horrible but it’s not ideal either. Most coaches will say you should shoot for between 2” and 6” from the line. The farther you stop from the line, the harder it is to clear that first 8”-12” of lane that doesn’t get oiled, the more energy the ball will lose before hitting the pins, and harder it will be to hit your target.
    John

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    Boatman37 moved up because he realized he was stopping about 3’ from the foul line.

To stop a foot from the line isn’t horrible but it’s not ideal either. Most coaches will say you should shoot for between 2” and 6” from the line. The farther you stop from the line, the harder it is to clear that first 8”-12” of lane that doesn’t get oiled, the more energy the ball will lose before hitting the pins, and harder it will be to hit your target.
    I knew I was stopping short but never thought much of it. Last night I got there early and was doing no-step drills at the line and realized how much more clear and closer everything seemed to be so moved my starting point up a couple of feet. My spare shooting seemed to be better for some reason. Maybe it was psychological but I just felt better and more confident with it. I still probably stopped about 1' away though. My 2nd step is a baby step, basically just right next to my first step then I try to make my last step my longest stride so my 4 step is probably closer in distance to a 3 step. I had been staring at the 2nd set of dots 1/2 way to the foul line. Now I'm about 2' in front of that, maybe 5' from the foul line now
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast