Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ball Surface Question

High Roller
    Chats: 0

I have the Innovtive single speed spinner. It flings some water droplets around but not bad. I keep mine in the garage under my bench then just pull it out when I need it. You could always keep an old towel or plastic sheet nearby and hang it behind the spinner and wear an old shirt or get a shop apron.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
    Our local association tournament starts tomorrow, and runs all this weekend and next weekend. I would have liked to have bowled in it, but felt it might be a little too risky so I decided against it. Bowling league once a week and otherwise staying out of the bowling center seems the prudent move right now.
    Getting back to ball surface, for those that have a spinner at home do you find it works way better than changing surface by hand?
    Spinners give a more consistent surface and allow you to work faster. A spinner is a good investment if you are really into bowling, have lots of balls, change surfaces all the time. And you can always charge your friends to do their ball and make the money back

Now there's a lower cost option that is used by many to sand balls and that's the Polish Your Ball system you might take a look at and theres other threads here about it. If you only have a few balls and only sand them every now and then, this isn't a bad option.

https://www.polishyourball.com/

Which spinner do you have, and how messy does it get using it?
    I have 2 Innovative spinners, Innovative built spinners usually were considered a high quality spinner at the time I bought mine and are still are top notch.

I still have the one I started with years ago, a 1/4hp one, it's tiny and it still works. My main one though is a pro shop tub mount,which I've had it for years.

Their not that messy unless you use lots of water or big blobs of polish that will sling off the ball. That's not say spray doesn't come of the ball , you have to use common sense.

Trying to decide if I need to add a spinner to my bowling tools, but do not want to have to worry about mounting it in a tub or putting plastic/dropcloth on the wall behind it when I use it or anything like that...
    A lot table top spinners come with a splash guard on them that you can get as a option:

Most people who get a table top spinner like these:

Just wet their pads or use a water spray bottle and just sit them in a cardboard box or cheap plastic tub to catch the spray of the ball. you don't have to mount it in tub unless your going to use a running water or recirculating water system on the ball (Like my proshop spinner)

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Ringer

This is great info, thanks!

I also have the innovative ball spinner the 1/2 hp model and it also has a pot that goes around it to keep splash down to a minimun. It saves a lot of time just cleaning or changing the surface. I keep it on bench in the basement and the area stays clean. Well worth the investment IMO. Steve
    Current arsenal...Roto Grip Nuclear Cell, Hustle PBR, Roto Grip Gem, Idle Helios and Own It Spare. 300 rev rate, 16 mph off hand, 13.3 tilt,61 degrees rotation pap 4 9/16 over 1 1/8 up.

Chats: 221

I just built a wooden 3 sided surround for mine.I put a shel across the back of it to sit my pads on. Mines an Innovative that i bought in 1998. I had to replace the motor 4 years ago. So I replaced it with a 2 speed motor
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Chats: 55

I have the Inovative spinner. To keep the mess down, my PSO suggested spraying the pad with water, rather than spraying the ball. Keeps the splatter down.

On my motive, I took it down 1 step from the original. Last night, it worked like "yuck" at the lanes I was hoping that would be the solution to. This morning it worked fairly well at the alley I thought I wouldn't be able to use it. Was able to play down and in a bit more than normal. Takes alot of resistance off my elbow.

Yes, I struggle a while back - and it's been a struggle to feel normal since my elbow surgery. The past few weeks, I have to say, I feel like I am over the hump. Now, I just have to get my timing under control with the lower weight ball and figure out how to pick up spares....ugh!
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

High Roller

I keep a small tupperware container there and dip the pad in it. I normally use cleaner by hand but if I just finished surfacing I put the cleaner on the towel then rub it into the towel then wipe it on the ball before turning the spinner on. Otherwise it flings everywhere
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12