Review:

The Forge Flare is one of the newest releases from MOTIV Bowling. You want hook, but control as well then the Forge Flare belongs in your bag. The Flare brings together Detonator core and the new Coercion MXC Solid Reactive cover stock. This new cover stock is the strongest cover stock that MOTIV has ever made and will give the bowler strong continuation through the pins. Pairing this with the Detonator core will give the Forge Flare faster revving power and strong, continuous, ball motion that gives the pins no chance to stand. You want hook then look no further to the Forge Flare.

Weight Block Detonator
Cover Stock Coercion MXC Solid Reactive
Finish 200 Grit LSS

Comments:

My first reaction in throwing the Forge Flare for the first time was straight speechlessness. Not many bowling balls have left me like that after throwing them for the first time but the Forge Flare was one of them. What can I say other than I can’t believe people can make a bowling ball this strong and yet still be able to use it on any condition. I can use this as is on any condition because the hook is still quite controllable and I don’t give the pocket away on any part of the lane. And the best feature of the Forge Flare is it doesn’t lane shine at all and for me where I prefer surface on a bowling ball this is a big deal. Even when I took it down to 4000, it still didn’t shine. All types of bowlers will love the Forge Flare because as lanes transition either by moving in or tightening up, the Forge Flare will still give you the continuation without giving away the pocket.

Likes: Strong continuation through the pins; High flares; Doesn’t lane shine
Dislikes: None

I recommend the Forge Flare for all types of bowlers.

MOTIV Staff Player,
John Robertson
www.motivbowling.com