Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 79

Thread: Coronavirus surge...

  1. #11
    High Roller
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,825
    Chats: 0

    Default

    Yeah heard he will be making an announcement at 2:00 tomorrow. I heard many small businesses in this area will permanently shut down if he closes them again. Said they can't go through it again and survive. From what I heard if we get shut down then our league will be cancelled for the rest of this year. We are the only center in our area (probably 30 or so mile radius) so if it closes I'm probably done. Not gonna drive 45 minutes for league. I have no idea what our center will do as far as their ability to open back up.

    My buddy/teammate works for the town we live in and he said tonight that they were told about 1/2 of our police department has it and they are closing the municipal building for 2 weeks. He said they will probably have an issue with the IRS because he is in charge of accounting for the town an he can't get W2's done if he isn't in the building and he can't work from home.
    Arsenal "15# Brunswick Uppercut" "15# Brunswick Igniter" "15# Radical Squatch Pearl" "15# Radical Conspiracy" "15# Brunswick Kingpin" "15# Hammer Black Widow Gold" "15# Brunswick Rhino Black Pearl" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 325 @ about 16 MPH at the pins* High Game: 279 - High Series: 725
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!
    I am a proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums

  2. #12
    SandBagger
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Southeast PA
    Posts
    231
    Chats: 0

    Default

    It is surprising that the town doesn't have their essential workers set up to work remotely, especially the accounting department.

    If the Governor does shut down indoor sports and events, hopefully it will only be for 2-3 weeks and it doesn't stretch in to 2-3 months. If that happens, it will just be more devastation piled on top of what has already been devastating for so many businesses, people, and families.

  3. #13
    High Roller
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,825
    Chats: 0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
    It is surprising that the town doesn't have their essential workers set up to work remotely, especially the accounting department.

    If the Governor does shut down indoor sports and events, hopefully it will only be for 2-3 weeks and it doesn't stretch in to 2-3 months. If that happens, it will just be more devastation piled on top of what has already been devastating for so many businesses, people, and families.
    lol. our town doesn't even have an IT guy. My buddy used to call me to ask for help when they had issues. But of the 9 police officers i'd say 5 or 6 are making 6 figures with one making $170,000 and our population is only about 9000. My step-son is a detective (corporal) in the county seat with about 40 officers and a population of about 40,000 and he only makes $80,000
    Arsenal "15# Brunswick Uppercut" "15# Brunswick Igniter" "15# Radical Squatch Pearl" "15# Radical Conspiracy" "15# Brunswick Kingpin" "15# Hammer Black Widow Gold" "15# Brunswick Rhino Black Pearl" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 325 @ about 16 MPH at the pins* High Game: 279 - High Series: 725
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!
    I am a proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums

  4. #14
    SandBagger
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Southeast PA
    Posts
    231
    Chats: 0

    Default

    Gov. Wolf didn't announce any restrictions yet...but he DID just announce that he has tested positive for coronavirus and is isolating at home. Either that will keep him quiet for a while, or he will be even more eager to issue restrictions now that he is personally affected.

  5. #15
    High Roller
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,825
    Chats: 0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
    Gov. Wolf didn't announce any restrictions yet...but he DID just announce that he has tested positive for coronavirus and is isolating at home. Either that will keep him quiet for a while, or he will be even more eager to issue restrictions now that he is personally affected.
    I don't want to joke about COVID but for 8 months he has been telling everyone they are safe if they wear their mask. Even made it mandatory to wear it. He claims to always wear his.
    Arsenal "15# Brunswick Uppercut" "15# Brunswick Igniter" "15# Radical Squatch Pearl" "15# Radical Conspiracy" "15# Brunswick Kingpin" "15# Hammer Black Widow Gold" "15# Brunswick Rhino Black Pearl" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 325 @ about 16 MPH at the pins* High Game: 279 - High Series: 725
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!
    I am a proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums

  6. #16
    SandBagger
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Southeast PA
    Posts
    231
    Chats: 0

    Default

    His statement is classic:

    “As this virus rages, my positive test is a reminder that no one is immune from COVID, that following all precautions as I have done is not a guarantee, but it is what we know to be vital to stopping the spread of the disease and so I ask all Pennsylvanians to wear a mask, stay home as much as possible, socially distance yourself from those not in your household, and, most of all, take care of each other and stay safe.”


    So, following precautions is not a guarantee [I agree with this] but is what is needed to stop the spread [yeah, obviously not]. Contact tracers are probably working overtime to figure out where he picked it up and who he has exposed as well.

  7. #17
    High Roller
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,825
    Chats: 0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
    His statement is classic:

    “As this virus rages, my positive test is a reminder that no one is immune from COVID, that following all precautions as I have done is not a guarantee, but it is what we know to be vital to stopping the spread of the disease and so I ask all Pennsylvanians to wear a mask, stay home as much as possible, socially distance yourself from those not in your household, and, most of all, take care of each other and stay safe.”


    So, following precautions is not a guarantee [I agree with this] but is what is needed to stop the spread [yeah, obviously not]. Contact tracers are probably working overtime to figure out where he picked it up and who he has exposed as well.
    Wife said she heard it mentioned that his positive tests lines up pretty well with a Thanksgiving gathering he told all of us we weren't allowed to have. Speculation here and possible irony but you get the point
    Arsenal "15# Brunswick Uppercut" "15# Brunswick Igniter" "15# Radical Squatch Pearl" "15# Radical Conspiracy" "15# Brunswick Kingpin" "15# Hammer Black Widow Gold" "15# Brunswick Rhino Black Pearl" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 325 @ about 16 MPH at the pins* High Game: 279 - High Series: 725
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!
    I am a proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums

  8. #18
    SandBagger
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Southeast PA
    Posts
    231
    Chats: 0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Wife said she heard it mentioned that his positive tests lines up pretty well with a Thanksgiving gathering he told all of us we weren't allowed to have. Speculation here and possible irony but you get the point
    His security team is also apparently being impacted by the virus.

    The Philly network news affiliates out here are all buzzing this morning about restrictions coming out, possibly today. Area county commissioners have also confirmed there have been "discussions" with the state about new restrictions.

    It is just a matter of time at this point. I fear that all "indoor gatherings" such as indoor dining, gyms, recreational activities, bowling alleys, etc. will be ordered closed until January. The question becomes how many will actually abide by it at this point, or simply defy the order? I wouldn't blame any of the businesses if they took that route. Is it the safest thing to do for employees and customers...probably not. However, people need to be able to earn a living and business owners need to be able to stay in business. It is a really tough situation.

  9. #19
    High Roller
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,825
    Chats: 0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
    His security team is also apparently being impacted by the virus.

    The Philly network news affiliates out here are all buzzing this morning about restrictions coming out, possibly today. Area county commissioners have also confirmed there have been "discussions" with the state about new restrictions.

    It is just a matter of time at this point. I fear that all "indoor gatherings" such as indoor dining, gyms, recreational activities, bowling alleys, etc. will be ordered closed until January. The question becomes how many will actually abide by it at this point, or simply defy the order? I wouldn't blame any of the businesses if they took that route. Is it the safest thing to do for employees and customers...probably not. However, people need to be able to earn a living and business owners need to be able to stay in business. It is a really tough situation.
    Yep. Remember what happened when Wolf wouldn't re-open Beaver County this year? He opened all surrounding counties except them and in my opinion it was a form of punishment for them threatening to stay open then he threatened to take away all state funding (schools included which would affect children obviously) if they did not comply to his rule. So yeah I think a bunch will remain open but what will the repercussions be? He has already threatened to pull any state licenses from businesses that violate it. This would include liquor licenses which most alleys have and wouldn't risk losing.
    Arsenal "15# Brunswick Uppercut" "15# Brunswick Igniter" "15# Radical Squatch Pearl" "15# Radical Conspiracy" "15# Brunswick Kingpin" "15# Hammer Black Widow Gold" "15# Brunswick Rhino Black Pearl" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 325 @ about 16 MPH at the pins* High Game: 279 - High Series: 725
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!
    I am a proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums

  10. #20
    SandBagger
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Southeast PA
    Posts
    231
    Chats: 0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Yep. Remember what happened when Wolf wouldn't re-open Beaver County this year? He opened all surrounding counties except them and in my opinion it was a form of punishment for them threatening to stay open then he threatened to take away all state funding (schools included which would affect children obviously) if they did not comply to his rule. So yeah I think a bunch will remain open but what will the repercussions be? He has already threatened to pull any state licenses from businesses that violate it. This would include liquor licenses which most alleys have and wouldn't risk losing.
    Our center has sort of been bending the rules a little when it comes to the serving of alcohol. They have started letting the "drinks only with a meal" rule sort of slide, and I believe they are also letting the bar serve after 10PM on certain nights. As you said, the liquor license is one of the key aspects of their business, and source of profits, so they do their best to protect it. At the same time, though, they push the boundaries of what is permitted by the guidelines.

    Governor is speaking today at 4PM, so we will see what happens. This week may be the last time PA residents get to bowl for the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by Ryster; 12-10-2020 at 02:25 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •