Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 79

Thread: Coronavirus surge...

  1. #21
    High Roller
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,825
    Chats: 0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
    Our center has sort of been bending the rules a little when it comes to the serving of alcohol. They have started letting the "drinks only with a meal" rule sort of slide, and I believe they are also letting the bar serve after 10PM on certain nights. As you said, the liquor license is one of the key aspects of their business, and source of profits, so they do their best to protect it. At the same time, though, they push the boundaries of what is permitted by the guidelines.

    Governor is speaking today at 4PM, so we will see what happens. This week may be the last time PA residents get to bowl for the foreseeable future.
    Yeah I'm worried about that. His decision could seriously ruin alot of lives and families if they have to close their businesses again
    Arsenal "15# Brunswick Uppercut" "15# Brunswick Igniter" "15# Radical Squatch Pearl" "15# Radical Conspiracy" "15# Brunswick Kingpin" "15# Hammer Black Widow Gold" "15# Brunswick Rhino Black Pearl" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 325 @ about 16 MPH at the pins* High Game: 279 - High Series: 725
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!
    I am a proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums

  2. #22
    SandBagger
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Southeast PA
    Posts
    231
    Chats: 0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Yeah I'm worried about that. His decision could seriously ruin alot of lives and families if they have to close their businesses again
    Well, PA bowling alleys are closed starting Saturday until January 4th. K-12 sports also canceled. Indoor dining banned. Indoor groups limited to 10 people, outdoor groups limited to 50. Casinos closed. Theaters closed. Gyms closed. Seems like we are back to square one.

    I feel for all of these businesses and employees that will be impacted, especially for the holidays. Our bowling center has been taking reservations for New Years Eve parties, which were already reduced due to social distancing. They also had just started a whole series of very popular "theme" leagues and were making good traction. All of that now comes to a grinding halt. I am hoping they can weather this out for the 3 weeks, and also hope that the State does not decide to extend it because the cases are not falling down quickly enough to the level they want them at.

  3. #23
    High Roller
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,825
    Chats: 0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
    Well, PA bowling alleys are closed starting Saturday until January 4th. K-12 sports also canceled. Indoor dining banned. Indoor groups limited to 10 people, outdoor groups limited to 50. Casinos closed. Theaters closed. Gyms closed. Seems like we are back to square one.

    I feel for all of these businesses and employees that will be impacted, especially for the holidays. Our bowling center has been taking reservations for New Years Eve parties, which were already reduced due to social distancing. They also had just started a whole series of very popular "theme" leagues and were making good traction. All of that now comes to a grinding halt. I am hoping they can weather this out for the 3 weeks, and also hope that the State does not decide to extend it because the cases are not falling down quickly enough to the level they want them at.
    Yep. Our center already posted closed until Jan 4. They asked if leagues could just extend the 3 or 4 weeks at the end of the year. I'm ok with that since I probably won't do summer league. But like you said, who knows if they extend this.

    Did you see Wolf dodge the question about negative test results? He tested positive once then negative the next few tests. He was asked if the test results can't be relied on and he said 'well we hope everyone tests positive then eventually tests negative...lol. They asked him again and he dodged it the second time. Then he was asked about his comment he made Monday about helping restaurant owners then today closed them. They asked what about if they defy your order and stay open. He said we will fine them. So how is that helping them?

    Oh well, I just don't like or trust the guy and thought it was funny that he got caught on a few of those questions
    Arsenal "15# Brunswick Uppercut" "15# Brunswick Igniter" "15# Radical Squatch Pearl" "15# Radical Conspiracy" "15# Brunswick Kingpin" "15# Hammer Black Widow Gold" "15# Brunswick Rhino Black Pearl" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 325 @ about 16 MPH at the pins* High Game: 279 - High Series: 725
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!
    I am a proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums

  4. #24
    SandBagger
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Southeast PA
    Posts
    231
    Chats: 0

    Default

    The positive/negative test comment was crazy. He tested positive on Tuesday, then tested negative today. He either has the world's strongest immune system, or just doesn't want to admit testing is unreliable. His wife tested negative, so he probably never had the virus to begin with and experienced a false positive. Political theater, perhaps.

    I am pretty sure our center is going to defy the order and remain open. It will be interesting to see how that plays out. I wonder if customers can get cited for being in a business that is supposed to be closed, or if only the business owner gets cited? Not sure I want to go there if it is supposed to be closed and I could be personally cited if the place gets raided or something. If authorities show up and just tell us to pack up and go home, then it might be worth the risk. It isn't like you can hide 40-50 cars parked in the parking lot. That's kind of an obvious clue the place is still open...

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Yep. Our center already posted closed until Jan 4. They asked if leagues could just extend the 3 or 4 weeks at the end of the year. I'm ok with that since I probably won't do summer league. But like you said, who knows if they extend this.

    Did you see Wolf dodge the question about negative test results? He tested positive once then negative the next few tests. He was asked if the test results can't be relied on and he said 'well we hope everyone tests positive then eventually tests negative...lol. They asked him again and he dodged it the second time. Then he was asked about his comment he made Monday about helping restaurant owners then today closed them. They asked what about if they defy your order and stay open. He said we will fine them. So how is that helping them?

    Oh well, I just don't like or trust the guy and thought it was funny that he got caught on a few of those questions
    I am in upstate NY. I wonder how long before we close up. Our cases of covid are way up for a couple of weeks now. There are some new rules coming out today. Steve
    Current arsenal...Roto Grip Nuclear Cell, Hustle PBR, Rubicon UC2 and Own It Spare. 300 rev rate, 16 mph off hand, 13.3 tilt,61 degrees rotation pap 4 9/16 over 1 1/8 up.

  6. #26
    SandBagger
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Southeast PA
    Posts
    231
    Chats: 0

    Default

    Several local centers are putting out the word that they are abiding by the PA Governor's order and will close for 3 weeks starting tonight at midnight.

    Our local center is still hinting that they will defy the PA Governor and will not be closing and will continue business as usual. I am surprised they will take the risk, but perhaps they simply cannot afford to close and figure they will potentially go out of business either way so might as well risk it all and force the issue. Who knows. I think it is asking a lot of customers to bring them in for leagues knowing there is a shutdown order in place. It kind of puts customers in a pickle...pay league fees and take an absence/get a sub for you, or show up and bowl at your normal time as if nothing is happening. I guess I will go and bowl on my league despite the shutdown order, but it doesn't feel right at all.

  7. #27
    Pin Crusher Timmyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    1,013
    Chats: 0

    Default

    Nothing here in Wisconsin. It's like nobody will acknowledge it even exists. Half the people bowling aren't wearing masks. Democrat gov, Republican senate and assembly. All dolts.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock, Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 299. High sanctioned series - 772. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 19.
    2020/2021 YTD highs--High game; 279--High series; 729

  8. #28
    High Roller
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,825
    Chats: 0

    Default

    Went past our center tonight. Not a single car or a single light. Looked weird
    Arsenal "15# Brunswick Uppercut" "15# Brunswick Igniter" "15# Radical Squatch Pearl" "15# Radical Conspiracy" "15# Brunswick Kingpin" "15# Hammer Black Widow Gold" "15# Brunswick Rhino Black Pearl" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 325 @ about 16 MPH at the pins* High Game: 279 - High Series: 725
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!
    I am a proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums

  9. #29
    SandBagger
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Southeast PA
    Posts
    231
    Chats: 0

    Default

    Our bowling center is remaining open despite the closure order. Several local restaurants are also continuing indoor dining despite a ban on such activities. Business owners simply can't sustain closures any longer and aren't going to furlough or lay off employees during the holidays.

  10. #30
    High Roller
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,825
    Chats: 0

    Default

    Wife said a local guy just posted on FB that he just left a local bar and PA LCB (liquor control board) was sitting in a van across the street watching. Not sure how he knew they were LCB or whet-not but the parking lost across the street is an empty business and there are never any vehicles in that lot.
    Arsenal "15# Brunswick Uppercut" "15# Brunswick Igniter" "15# Radical Squatch Pearl" "15# Radical Conspiracy" "15# Brunswick Kingpin" "15# Hammer Black Widow Gold" "15# Brunswick Rhino Black Pearl" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 325 @ about 16 MPH at the pins* High Game: 279 - High Series: 725
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!
    I am a proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •