Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sanding ball before bowling

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyCatFace View Post
    Yes... do it to sanitize the ball... that’s it.
    Hey those germs can get deep into the porous surface of the ball! Only sanding pads soaked with alcohol between frames will get to them! Sarcasm of course but eventually someone will try that excuse if they haven't already.

On a positive note, at least house balls are finally getting a regular cleaning. Every bodily excretion from every orifice you can think of and then some was on those things. After working at a bowling center (pre-Covid) and seeing what goes on, there is NO WAY I'd ever used a house ball. I'd pick them up to put them away avoiding the holes then I'd wash my hands. Depending on their sanitization practices now I MAY think about using one if I needed to.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Ringer

I still wouldn't trust house balls. My center was good about it at first, but pretty much is back to "normal" with house balls. When the pandemic first started bowlers were asked to leave house balls on the returns, and the center would clean them and put them back. Now bowlers are back to using house balls and putting them back themselves. No way to know which ones need to be cleaned at this point.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
    I still wouldn't trust house balls. My center was good about it at first, but pretty much is back to "normal" with house balls. When the pandemic first started bowlers were asked to leave house balls on the returns, and the center would clean them and put them back. Now bowlers are back to using house balls and putting them back themselves. No way to know which ones need to be cleaned at this point.
    Our center is still doling the house balls out one by one and then putting them back in what used to be the meeting room. They even made a cart from a mover’s dolly and some PVC pipe so if there are a lot of house balls to return they can take about a dozen at once.
    John

Having not been to a bowling center since before Covid started, I'm curious what they do with house shoes... They still doing the quick spray at the counter that nobody did properly anyway if at all or something else?
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Ringer

Here they do the standard shoe spray, or people have the option of buying their own sliding shoe covers for the same price as the house shoes. The covers are good for 6 games before they start to become ineffective, but it lets people wear their own shoes to bowl.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12