Thread: Things are starting to heat up...

Chats: 0

Default Things are starting to heat up...

It's been about a month since the bowling center opened back up. I've been back working there for about 2 1/2 weeks. It was a slow start my first week for the center, only a few bowlers here and there. The past week or so we have been fully booked every night. When I say fully booked it means to "Currently allowed capacity" which is right now we can have up to 50 people with no issues.

I told the boss that number is going to be hard to hit since how many of us know 50 people that have no issues? Badum bum. Seriously though, our reservations are full just about every day until April.

Our leagues are a mess because they started then closed down, we reopened and they bowled again then closed down again. Now we are open again hopefully to stay. The leagues are just like "Screw it! we'll just show up, bowl and go through the motions." They aren't competing for position this season, doing trophies or prize money.

We aren't even charging them dues for the rest of the season, they bowl through it for free. It's not going to hurt us all that much because they make up for it at the bar anyway. We'll all just regroup and start fresh next season and have fun and enjoy being out of the house.

What is cool about things heating up.... since everyone I previously worked with a couple years ago besides the mechanic is gone. They are all freaking out with how busy it is. None of them dealt with it being busy yet. I'm getting a chance to show them how chill you can be and still serve everyone without panicking.

I mean yeah it's busy but not 200 people busy like before so this really isn't anything yet. It's comical how they all look at me like "How does he do all this and know all this?" I've only been gone a year and a half. Nothing and I mean NOTHING in the place has changed since I left. Heck, signs I hung up before I left are still up and everything is in the exact same place as it was then. I'm basically just continuing where I left off, not starting over. I'm not Superman or anyone special. I just know how the place runs. I guess Miyogi must teach!
    My favorite part of being back is all the people that keep coming up to me confused that I'm back. All the warm welcomes are great. It's nice to see that so many customers remember me and are happy to see me. Now we just need these Covid capacity limits lifted so we can get down to real business again. Bring it on!

Ringer

we will finally get to start bowling April 5 - can't wait. When my wife got the news, she literally squee'd. My 87yo Father in Law is so excited, he already has his balls out and cleaning them.

Awesome that you guys have something to look forward to again. It's nice to have a feeling of normalcy again for a change eh?

Ringer

We have been fortunate enough to be bowling for the past several months. I wouldn't describe the experience as "normal". It is great to be able to get out of the house once a week for a couple of hours to bowl, but it isn't like it used to be. It will be several more months before it starts to truly feel normal again.

I said "a feeling of normalcy" not normal. LOL It's far from normal but you gotta admit, more normal than most things experienced in 2020. We'll get there, it's coming.

Actual normal like 2019 won't be fully back for a decade if ever. I'm sure you'll still see people wearing masks in 2031. It wouldn't shock me.

Ringer

I agree that things have changed forever, it would just be nice if businesses and customers would follow the guidelines. It would help get us out of this just a wee bit faster. Things are starting to slowly flip, and those that are following the guidelines are slowly starting to get ostracized. It doesn't make for a fun experience.

Ringer

We've actually been closer to "normal" than most places in California for quite a while - our restaurants are open with some capacity limits, but not the 25% that was requested, it's closer to 50% and some places are higher than that. Plexi at the cash register. Masks on the way in, off at the table. Otherwise masks here, there everywhere out of your property.