Thread: What are you guys paying these days?

Chats: 0

Default What are you guys paying these days?

I'm curious what the current pricing is around the country these days since the centers reopened after the shutdowns?

We dropped our prices so we can get people in the door which has worked, we haven't had many slower nights. We no longer own at 10am like we used to except for Sunday's. We open at 2pm and generally close at 10pm during the week or 11pm on weekends. However the state now lifted the mandatory closing time do we CAN stay open later if we are busy enough to justify.

Anyway, our prices are $2 a game and $3 shoe rental or $10 unlimited shoes included. All prices are open to close 7 days a week. We eliminated hourly bowl since it was a rip off and it never failed that when the lanes went off they always asked for more time to finish their games. It was just a hassle all the way around.

Oh and league fees are either $8 or $10 a week based on the agreement per league. All get free shoes and popcorn on the tables. Well the popcorn is on the tables not the shoes.

I know other centers local to me are WAY higher on prices, I'd bet we are one of the cheapest in the state. That said we did raise prices on food and drink but it's still very reasonable.

High Roller

Not sure what they are charging now but I pay 2.50/game because I am a league member. Not sure what regular price is though
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

League bowlers pay $2.00 a game during the week. Not sure on other prices. Steve
    Current arsenal...Roto Grip Nuclear Cell, Hustle PBR, Roto Grip Gem, Idle Helios and Own It Spare. 300 rev rate, 16 mph off hand, 13.3 tilt,61 degrees rotation pap 4 9/16 over 1 1/8 up.

Ringer

Non-league bowler rates here are $6 per game, or $16 for one person for 2hrs of unlimited bowling, or $65 for 2 hours of unlimited bowling for up to 6 people on the lane.

There is a 3 hour window on Sunday mornings where the price is $2 per game.

League bowlers always pay $2 per game.

Chats: 204

Varies greatly depending on center, day, etc...

Cheapest rates would be $2.50/game on weekdays at certain centers...or "unlimited bowling" after leagues from like 10:00PM to midnight at the centers that are open that late.

Most expensive rates are like $6.25/game or $29.99/hour. Some places you need to book the lanes online for an hourly rate...so it kinda depends how many bowlers you have and how many games you bowl. I'm not including the "metrosexual/vanity" bowling centers like they have in Bass Pro Shops or "Pinz" or "Lucky Strikes" or those kinds of places. I have never been in those places and can't see myself going there unless it was on a dare or something like that.

No matter where ya go, food/drinks will be outrageously expensive. I don't even bother with that anymore. I usually get a couple large sodas on league night and they run me $3.50 each...with tip it's $10. You start buying alcohol and/or food...you ain't gettin out of there without dropping $40 minimum.

League dues are generally pretty consistent...$18-$20. How much of that goes to the house versus prize money; I don't know. It's pretty consistent with what I've seen elsewhere. You're not gonna find many sanctioned leagues below $15 anymore. And, once a league gets above $20...and it's not a "sweeps league"...you gotta wonder why it's so expensive?
    Last edited by Aslan; 03-29-2021 at 09:36 AM.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Ringer

Our center has an independently owned and operated restaurant in it, so food prices are pretty much set by the owner of the restaurant. They are on the high side, but not out of the norm for other local restaurants. Obviously there is some profit sharing with the center, and they do collaborate on bowling/food specials. The bowling center also operates a snack bar in the center with basic things like soda, hot dogs, pretzels, popcorn, etc. The independent restaurant does not serve any drinks, so if you want a drink with your "real food" you are directed to the bowling center snack bar or the vending machines.

The full-service sports bar in the center uses the on-site restaurant for their food. It is kind off a win-win for the bowing center and the restaurant owner.

League fees range from $11/week for non-sanctioned leagues, up to $20/week for sanctioned, sponsored "high dollar" leagues (if there is such a thing as high-dollar leagues.) We have been trying to get our sanctioned summer league to raise the weekly dues by $1.00/week for the past 3 seasons (from $16/week to $17/week) and enough bowlers pitch a fit that the subject dies quickly in the meeting. Then they complain at the end of the season that there is no money in the prize fund. They don't want to pay an extra $1/week, and they don't want to sell or buy 50-50 tickets. The prize fund isn't going to magically increase unless the bowling center lowers the linage fees which is never going to happen.