Thread: My games today climbed upward on league day......

Chats: 0

Default My games today climbed upward on league day......

I shot a 147(ouch), 177 and then a 223. In the last game I had 4 strikes in a row and then another strike 2 frames later. The rest were spares. I guess no one can call me Mr. Consistency. I have a 166 average.The reason for that is that I don't practice anymore because of knee issues. I want to be gentle with them so I can bowl as long as possible. I have been bowling for 37 years so I just work with my bowling knowledge on how to make adjustments and changing the ball surface to make it work better. Plus I know how to adjust for picking up spares. I might not make all of them but I usually make more then I miss. Sometimes you end up leaving pins that there is no way you will pick all of them up. Let's face it, you get a pocket 7/10 leave you are only going to make one of those pins. So our team took all three games and series today. Oh yeah, I used three different balls in each game for my first ball shot. The 223 was my highest game so far this season. The 547 series I got today was my highest scratch series so far. The Monday before this one I had a 533 scratch series. There was a time when I used to get scratch series that were 600 and higher but at that time me and my partner practiced two times a week because both of us were retired. My highest scratch series in my career was a 710. I never got above that. I never hit a 300 game either. My highest game was a 276. In that game I had 6 strikes in a row. In the 7th frame when I went to throw the ball the ball just fell off of my hand. I got 7 pins down and then picked up the 3 I left. From the 8th frame on I got all strikes. I had another game were I had 9 strikes in a row and the spared out in the tenth. It really doesn't bother me that I never had a 300 game. I still love the game and that is why at 74 years young I am still doing it. Maybe I can make a few more years going forward.
    Last edited by Hammer; 03-29-2021 at 04:23 PM.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.