Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fade-Shot...

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    A "fade shot" in bowling is an old-time expression for a shot that is played deep inside (for the time), around the 4th arrow, where the ball goes basically straight and holds pocket rather than finishing hard like we're used to seeing today. It's called a fade shot because it APPEARS to back up into the pocket when, in fact, it just maintains its angle rather than finishing hard. Back in the day it was a very effective shot, albeit, very difficult to throw because you had to be very, very accurate.
    Rob, I watched Liz Johnson recently throw a 300 during a tournament. She was using a Storm Parallax and she was able to put the ball pretty much down the middle of the lane and strike over and over again. Is that an example of what you stated here? Are there articles that you know of discussing this technique? Since you need to be very accurate to throw, my guess is that this is not a technique for me. Thanks!!!

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

A "fade shot" in bowling is an old-time expression for a shot that is played deep inside (for the time), around the 4th arrow, where the ball goes basically straight and holds pocket rather than finishing hard like we're used to seeing today. It's called a fade shot because it APPEARS to back up into the pocket when, in fact, it just maintains its angle rather than finishing hard. Back in the day it was a very effective shot, albeit, very difficult to throw because you had to be very, very accurate.
    Thanks Rob. I had read the article but I think I must have skimmed over that sentence. When I think of a fade shot in bowling, I think of Norm Duke putting just a little bit of reverse hook on the ball when shooting the 10 pin. What you describe agrees with the context of the article.
    John

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Ahhh - thank you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12