Thread: Big Bags?

Chats: 0

Default Big Bags?

I've been looking around the websites trying to find a bigger bowling bag. Is there a shortage going on or something? A few years ago there were tons of 4-6 ball bags around. The bowling supply websites used to have pages of them. Now it seems the options dwindled quite a bit. Is this due to Covid because demand for them died out? I'm a bit baffled and surprised how few of them are out there. Or am I wrong, and there never was that many?
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    I've been looking around the websites trying to find a bigger bowling bag. Is there a shortage going on or something? A few years ago there were tons of 4-6 ball bags around. The bowling supply websites used to have pages of them. Now it seems the options dwindled quite a bit. Is this due to Covid because demand for them died out? I'm a bit baffled and surprised how few of them are out there. Or am I wrong, and there never was that many?
    I think that your serious bowlers, the ones who used to show up with a four ball bag, (or 5 or 6), have switched to using two 3 ball tournament totes and a backpack for shoes and accessories. The totes are much lighter, easier to lift out of your car trunk or up into the back of an SUV. Less serious bowlers can do just fine with a two ball roller.
    John

I wasn't really wanting one for lugging around 6 balls. I still think that's a little ridiculous, 3 is enough. Moreso for a place to keep them all together at work rather than a rack in my shop. Now that I'm working on customers balls I would rather use my rack for those vs my personal stuff. Rack space is rather slim.

In a pinch I suppose I could just use lockers or order some ball cups to set them on. We have plenty of shelves. I just thought it was odd how few bags are around these days.

High Roller

Can't answer for the shortage but this past spring I broke my 4 ball Hammer roller and ordered a new one. The new one was so much nicer and rolled so much easier. But I see alot of guys in my league carrying (2) 3 bag rollers
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Hammer does have some nice bags. I thought about one a few years ago but I was too broke at that time. I have a very nice 3 ball upright one, my boss in TN have it to me new as a gift when I was down there. I don't remember the brand but it has an awesome handle and fantastic wheels. It's super easy to pull and it doesn't fall over like my old 2 baller.

This isn't a "Must have" just a "Would be nice" type of thing. Now that my arsenal has grown so much. I've got bowling balls coming out of the woodwork these days. Every time I turn around I have a rep or someone either giving me free ones or for super cheap. I literally have 4 right now still in the box untouched.

It's a good thing though, my son's building a nice arsenal too. Like I said, space is more the issue. For now I think I'll just order some ball cups when I get to work today and just throw them on a shelf, a bag can wait.

I guess I wasn't imagining things. There IS a bag shortage. According to my PSO, it's the plastic portion of the bag that they are having issues producing because of a plastic shortage. Manufacturers are saying until at least September to get things moving again.

So along with computer components, propane tanks and chicken you can now throw bowling bags on the list of shortages. On the upside, toilet paper is in stock everywhere now. Baby steps.