Thread: The Orleans - Tournament

Chats: 55

Default The Orleans - Tournament

A group of us will be going to Vegas soon to bowl a tournament at The Orleans.

Any suggestions on what type of ball arsenal each of us should consider? We bowl twice on fresh and once on burn. House shot - not sure of length.

Also, is the 4 person per table still a mandate at the restaurants?

And one more question, best way for 4 or 5 of us to go from The Orleans to Bubba Gumps for dinner?

Thanks for any input!
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Chats: 204

This is definitely a Rob question...since he's a native.

Umm...I can say I've probably bowled The Orleans more than any other center in Vegas...and it's probably the closest to a typical house THS than any other Vegas center....except for maybe Gold Coast. But, very similar.

I found the Vegas lanes played a little "wetter" than my house shots did in California...so I had to move a little outside of where I usually played. Not a LOT...just maybe a 1:2 move and maybe move my vertical target closer.

Not sure if the hotel has a shuttle or if ya will have to take a cab downtown. It's probably too much of a walk and The Orleans isn't in the best "walking neighborhood" so...Rob might be able to give ya better advice on that. I've driven downtown from there and parked. But, I can't remember where I parked or how much it was.

The bowling alley isn't the greatest. I like Southpoint, Sam's Town, and Red Rock better. But, The Orleans and Gold Coast are cheaper and I've done pretty well there.

Too bad Iceman is in witness protection and I've been banished to the midwest...it'd be a perfect time for an Iceman vs Aslan Invitational!!!

Oh well...Good Luck!!
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

High Roller
    Chats: 0

I'd love to try something like this. I hadn't done many tournaments in my life but have done 4 in the past years and am hooked. Started league bowling in high school at about 12 years old (1981-ish) and bowled team tournaments then in about 2002 bowled a father-son tournament when my then 9 year old son was bowling league for school. After that nothing until about 2 years ago. 2 were sport shots and 2 THS. Oddly I made the field in both sport tournaments but didn't make it in either THS tournament...lol. And those are the only 2 times I ever bowled on a sport shot
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Unfortunately, I had neck surgery in July of 2017 and was severely limited in terms of bowling afterward. When I finally recovered enough to bowl seriously, along came Covid. I haven't bowled at the Orleans since 2016, so I really don't have any current info. I can tell you that it used to be known as a high friction house, but I have no idea if this still applies. Sorry!

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Unfortunately, I had neck surgery in July of 2017 and was severely limited in terms of bowling afterward. When I finally recovered enough to bowl seriously, along came Covid. I haven't bowled at the Orleans since 2016, so I really don't have any current info. I can tell you that it used to be known as a high friction house, but I have no idea if this still applies. Sorry!
    Thats what I'm thinking. Last time I bowled there was probably 2016 as well...and I think along with Gold Coast...it was one of the higher friction houses in Vegas. I'm not 100% sure if I've bowled in every single one...but I think I have at least once...except for Southpoint's new venue (obviously)...which I don't think is open to the public.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!