Thread: My newest love...

Chats: 0

Default My newest love...

I mentioned in another post that I picked up a couple NIB Motiv Hydras. I know they have been out of production for a while and trust me they were extremely difficult to find. I had one drilled up yesterday.

Tonight I brought it into work and had it sitting on the counter on a ball cup. I found myself peeking over at it a dozen times. I couldn't resist the urge, I had to fire up a pinsetter because I had to see it go down the lane.

Wow wow wow... It was a thing of beauty. Out of like over 70+ Bowling balls I've had in my lifetime, I have never see one roll like this. Ever! The rotation and arc was so smooth and graceful. Just watching the inserts going around, they weren't flopping all over the place all violent like on all sides of the ball. It just went down the lane and walked right into the pocket and BAM! It was like slow motion. I can't even describe it properly.

I was like "Wait.. What?" My son said "What just happened?" I was in awe. I threw it a second time and the same thing happened so we weren't imagining things. I got two more throws in and had to get back to work. Same thing each time.

I know this sounds ridiculous but I am going to search every corner of the internet and find as many of these as I can. My PSO said they were fairly limited in production because they weren't very popular. I can't imagine why? This is going to be my first ball out of my bag every single time from now on.

Is it a hook monster? Nope, but it hooks plenty. Plus it hits the pins like a guided nuclear missle. Only 4 throws and I know I've found the most perfect ball for me. I've finally found what I've been looking for my whole life. I've gotta get it on video and show you guys this and you can be the judge.

That’s a good feeling right there. I’m convinced that everyone has a ‘perfect ball’ type out there that just works for them.

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyCatFace View Post
    That’s a good feeling right there. I’m convinced that everyone has a ‘perfect ball’ type out there that just works for them.
    I've had a chance to throw with it for a couple dozen games now. I'm extremely happy with it. It's a great benchmark ball for me. Since it's very predictable I'm not afraid to reach for it on spares either. Which is more than I can say for anything else in my arsenal. I'll get a lot of use out of this ball.