Thread: Bowling themed socks?

Chats: 0

Default Bowling themed socks?

Anyone know where you can get these preferably in bulk. Our supplier is now out of business. It's amazing how many people show up at a bowling alley in Crocks, sandles and flip flops without socks. We sell a ton of them. I certainly wouldn't be caught dead in rental bowling shoes barefoot. I don't care how much spray we drench them with. Then again I wouldn't wear any shoes without socks. My feet rarely ever sweat nor stink but wearing shoes without socks would definitely be asking for it.

It's a long shot asking here if anyone knows where to get them, specifically in bulk but worth a try. I found them on Amazon of course but I can't pay $5 and up per pair. I think us selling them for $4 a pair is steep but we only make about a quarter. They are nice and thick though.

Chats: 55

I don't know about "themed", but a client of mine buys a lot of marketing things with personalized logo at https://www.everythingbranded.com - She says its the best quality for the lower price. I don't know of anything she hasn't been happy with, including socks she did for a fundraiser.

Good luck
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

They aren't anything extraordinary, some are just white with a couple bowling pins inside a colored circle and the others are neon green with a pin that glow under the black lights.

In all the time I've been there only two people bought them because they were "cute". Most people just buy them so they don't get foot fungus and probably throw them away when they get home.

I could probably go to Walmart and buy some plain Jane white Haynes and sell more and pay less. LOL I should try that!

Ringer

Do they have to be bowling themed? You can go to dollartree.com and simply order white or black socks for $1 a pair. They make you order 24 or 36 pair at a time, depending on style, but it is something and wouldn't break the budget. You could sell them for $2. I doubt customers care all that much how thick the socks are as long as they have some sort of barrier between their foot and the inside of the shoe.

Our bowling center also started offering these as an alternative to bowling shoes and has had a very positive response. They charge customers the same price for these as they do for rental shoes. Kegel offers a variety pack of 250 pairs in various sizes for $325.
    https://www.kegel.net/bowling_buddies

Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
    Do they have to be bowling themed? You can go to dollartree.com and simply order white or black socks for $1 a pair. They make you order 24 or 36 pair at a time, depending on style, but it is something and wouldn't break the budget. You could sell them for $2. I doubt customers care all that much how thick the socks are as long as they have some sort of barrier between their foot and the inside of the shoe.

Our bowling center also started offering these as an alternative to bowling shoes and has had a very positive response. They charge customers the same price for these as they do for rental shoes. Kegel offers a variety pack of 250 pairs in various sizes for $325.
    I don't see any reason they HAVE to be bowling themed, they just always have been. I'm seriously considering just getting something like you said. Nobody should really care that much, they are there to serve a purpose not for fashion. If they care that much they can come wearing their own argyle socks.

I actually have a pair of bowling themed socks. They came from Dollar Tree, of all places, for $1. Maybe you can find out where they get them.

They're grey with red heals and tips and covered with bowling pins and bowling balls. Very comfy for sleeping in. I'm sorry, I don't know the brand, but it's the cheap brand that Dollar Tree usually carries around here.

There are socks for bowling and you can find them here: https://big4socks.com/index.php/about-us
    They are short and great for summer or all seasons. They handle sweat and they're nice feeling with plenty of cushion. They're even a bit more than those $4 to $5 shoes though.
    They have a few PBA and PWBA staffers on board...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post

I completely missed the link for those bowling buddies. Those are a great solution and $325 is a drop in the bucket. We were paying $3 a pair for just the socks. These are only $1.30 a pair and they have bottoms like a bowling shoe. These are a WAY BETTER solution. Thank you for this, they will be on order by the end of business today. I'm so glad I came back to this post.

The bowling buddies finally arrived. They haven't been tested out yet. Wed night one of my co-workers is going to give them a shot and see how they do. I would do it myself but I'm 100% sure that with my style being a planter that there is a super high probability I'll end up doing some very unwanted acrobatics at the foul line.

They are very thin and the slide surface they claim to be like a bowling shoe bottom is rather questionable. Still, they will probably do the job. They remind me of the boot covers we used at the phone company to keep from tracking in muck from the outside on our customers floors, only these have no plastic in them to be waterproof.

Actually more on the nose would be what hospital staff puts over their shoes before going into an operating room. I don't know that those actually have any kind of shoe bottom though.

We will see how they work out. He's going to bowl 3 games with them this week. He's a big dude so I'm curious to see how well they hold up. They do look a little ridiculous but that's what you get being a bone head forgetting to wear socks before going bowling. Doh!