Blog Entries
    Chats: 0

Default CDolceJr 2021-2022 League Scores

Lakeland Industrial 2021 Week 1

Game 1: 183
    Game 2: 240
    Game 3: 216
    Series: 639

Mentally I had nothing. Woke up in a fog all day and that carried over into bowling in the evening. Timing was erratic and I got a lot of luck on my side. The series result isn't really indicative of the stuff I had last night. I am very satisfied that I stayed positive and was able to grind through a night like this. This could have easily been a night where I would lose it when things got tough, but I hung in there to create some luck.
    Last edited by Cdolcejr; 09-16-2021 at 01:50 PM.

Blog Entries

Lakeland Industrial 2021 Week 2

Game 1: 168
    Game 2: 185
    Game 3: 216
    Series: 569

Wasn't very good mentally or physically, and couldn't make my 10 pins. I had to grind it out and just failed to do so.
    Last edited by Cdolcejr; 09-16-2021 at 01:56 PM.

Blog Entries

Lakeland Industrial 2021 Week 3

Game 1: 205
    Game 2: 229
    Game 3: 230
    Series: 664

Much better tonight. Really focused on a free swing and trying to keep the backswing straight. I struck on literally every shot on the right lane (17 for 17). Don't think I've ever done that before. Still made some costly errors- missing a 10 pin in the 10th frame of Game 1, and then a washout in Game 3 in the middle of two turkeys which literally cost me 30+ pins. I was really able to pay attention and follow the transition, but should have squared up a little more on the left lane. It was much tighter than the right. I also posted 100% of my shots so the physical game is going in the right direction.

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Cdolcejr View Post
    Much better tonight.
    Indeed! Good job!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Indeed! Good job!
    Thank you!

Blog Entries

Lakeland Industrial 2021 Week 4

Game 1: 234
    Game 2: 172
    Game 3: 205
    Series: 611

Overall a decent night. Had some success and some struggles as well. I started to miss to the right in the second game, so badly at one point that I guttered. Realized that my pushaway was causing that problem. It was starting to wrap around my back a little causing the miss right. I straightened it out and was ok the rest of the night. Guy on the other team was using an old burgundy hammer as his strike ball so I needed to tighten up around game 2 as my ball was no longer driving the pocket. This caused my angle to be straighter and resulted in more 10 pins. 205 is very good for the third game considering that I hit the pocket on every shot but left four 10 pins, and was never able to string strikes. Still having a hard time making the 10 pin. I think it is due to me missing right a lot of the time.
    Last edited by Cdolcejr; 09-23-2021 at 01:27 PM.

Blog Entries

MC Doubles- 9/28/21

Game 1: 235
    Game 2: 204
    Game 3: 245
    Series: 684

Subbed in Tuesday Night Doubles. First half of game 1 I was lost. Missing right, but able to leave spares I could make. I stopped muscling the ball, and my timing and direction kicked into place. After that, I was locked in aside from a missed 10 pin and split. Best series I've had since coming back in May.

Blog Entries

Lakeland Industrial 2021 Week 5

Game 1: 180
    Game 2: 174
    Game 3: 267
    Series: 621

I had good timing and direction from the first shot of warmups to the end of the night. I think this is due to bowling the night before. With that said, I don't think I had the right ball in my hands to start, so the results were not good, mostly due to splits (I left 5 on the night). In hindsight, I should have started with my benchmark ball, and balled down from there. For game 3 I changed to the Force Pearl which goes longer and allowed me to play in the 'dirt'. It gave me the best look I had, and I shot 267 and salvaged a poor series. This is important for two reasons- I didn't have much confidence in that ball, and I wasn't sure if it was the right ball to go to after the lanes burn up. I got the answer to both of these questions.

At some point in Game 2, someone from the other team asked me why I was throwing it so much slower than I was a couple years back when I last bowled in league. I thought about it, and the answer is really simple- I've been primarily on accuracy and consistency. Back then, I had a faster ball speed by 1-2 MPH, but I constantly had balance problems at the foul line. After the first month+ of league, it's apparent that my carry is not what it once was despite being more consistent. I figured I could lose some ball-speed and be ok since my rev rate is a little lower than it was then (I no longer use a clunky wrist device).

I'm going to take the advice I was given and add some speed back in to see if that will help with my carry issues. I just have to move back on the approach 1-2 feet. I did this over the summer and my speed was better.

On top of that, the most important thing for me is a free swing. Once I start muscling the swing, it goes behind my back and I miss badly to the right.
    Last edited by Cdolcejr; 09-30-2021 at 08:30 AM.

Ringer

so you're getting ball speed through your feet, right? That's good.

I have to focus on slowing my ball speed down - which works for me. I can easily overpower my ball.

Blog Entries

Yep exactly. Over the summer, I couldn't get my ball to hook after the first game unless I slowed myself down (by moving up on the approach). The lanes are totally different now for Fall league, but I still have been up on the approach which really slows me down and negatively affects my carry. This is especially apparent as the lanes transition.