Regardless of which one it is...it's usually a pin out of position...and not something you adjust for because you are doing something wrong...the way you would a 10-pin (for RHers) is what I was saying.

It's not a pin I concern myself with. 4-pins and 9-pins....I know what to do. 8-pins are an indicator. 2-pins and 5-pins are sign you're very off...very hard to leave those if you are anywhere near flush when you hit the pocket unless your ball is just completely dead when it does. And a 3-pin or 6-pin are nearly impossible to leave if you're anywhere near the pocket.

Since, as a RHer, you're not going to leave a pocket 3-pin or pocket 6-pin...the best single pin to leave is probably a single 9-pin.

Why?

A 4-pin usually means the same thing as a 9-pin...but it's slightly harder to hit because it's not in the middle.

A 7-pin, as stated before, means nothing. So, while it's annoying and harder to convert (typically)...the advantage is you can ignore it and move along.

If leaving a 9-pin is an automatic 1:1 left...then an 8-pin would be a 1:1 right...BUT...ya don't usually want to move right. So, an 8-pin is a good pin to leave because it's a warning that 10-pins are on their way if you don't make an adjustment...and it's in the center of the lane...easier to convert than a 10-pin.

A 2-pin or 5-pin mean you're hitting weak...but VERY weak...or at such a bad entry angle that you can't even carry a pin that should easily fall. So, while you know what you likely need to do, it's a more drastic correction.

The 10-pin is the worst because it's statistically the hardest to pick up/convert...AND...there are about 5 different reasons why you might of left it...which may result in you needing to do any 1 of 4 different adjustments.

So, if I leave a single-pin and it's a 4-pin, 9-pin, or 7-pin...I'm relieved. I know that I need to make a certain move or no move at all.

If it's a 8-pin, 2-pin, 5-pin, or 10-pin...I'm coming in weak and I have to figure out why. Do I move right? Do I adjust my angle? Do I try to get the ball out further on the lane through a vertical targeting adjustment? Do I move inside? Do I move inside AND adjust my vertical target? Do I change balls? Do I need to make any of the aformentioned adjustments when I change balls?

Given how often I leave a 2-pin, 5-pin, 8-pin, or 10-pin...I need make the decision above...at least once every 10 frames. I say "at least"...because that doesn't take into account shots that struck where you notice deflection.