Thread: Anyone here that I can text some photos to?

Chats: 0

Default Anyone here that I can text some photos to?

I was trying to post photos of the cases of new bowling pins. It’s very cool to see how awesome they look. Plus it shows how much pride my mechanic takes in his craft. He has them all opened up and placed “just so”.

Apparently the pins have to “rest” for two weeks before they can go into the machines. He says if you just throw them in they will start cracking in 6 months. It’s so cool that he knows things like that. The man is a god with this stuff.

Anyway I tried posting the pics but can’t seem to log into the site I need to post them on. Tried resetting my password but it keeps giving me an internal error. Anyone who is good with posting photos on here if you want to pm me your number I’ll text them to you. Then you can take a whack at posting them for me.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    Apparently the pins have to “rest” for two weeks before they can go into the machines. He says if you just throw them in they will start cracking in 6 months. It’s so cool that he knows things like that. The man is a god with this stuff.

The Pin Care manual say's if the pins have been stored below 40 degrees they should stand 48 hours before use, All pins must stand for at least 48 hours to acclimate to the centers temp and humidity.

But yes at most houses they say a new set of pins should sit a few weeks to acclimate to the centers temp and humidity. Throwing new pins in cold as it were, could cause them to crack.

Anyway I tried posting the pics but can’t seem to log into the site I need to post them on. Tried resetting my password but it keeps giving me an internal error. Anyone who is good with posting photos on here if you want to pm me your number I’ll text them to you. Then you can take a whack at posting them for me.
    This will show how to insert a picture in your post using the "insert image" and a image url.
    (I use this method mostly, because using the attachments option has a size limit)

First upload your image to a image hosting service (there are several free one's like http://postimages.org/).

once uploaded copy the "Direct link" of the image location. It will look something like this:
    http://s5.postimg.org/m9qqmnxc7/insertimageicon1.jpg

Now when you go to make your post, in the editing window find the "Insert Image" icon and click on it.

this will open the "insert image" dialog

Click on the "from url" tab
    Then paste the direct lick you copied in the url box
    uncheck the "retrieve" box
    If everything looks ok, then click ok.

A link similar to this will appear in your post, where ever you had the insert cursor in your post.
    [img]http://s5.postimg.org/m9qqmnxc7/insertimageicon1.jpg[/img]

now when you post your message, the picture will appear in your post.

Faster method:

Just type the image tags [img]paste picture url here inbetween these tags[/img]

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

High Roller

We just got new pins at ours a few weeks ago
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Chats: 204

This thread had a creepy title that probably set off alarms at Bowl1820's moderator headquarters.

But yeah, posting pics has always been difficult. Once you get a bunch on a free image hosting service...they end up disappearing or changing to a fee-based service...then ya gotta find another one. But, it is what it is. Thats why you don't see a ton of pictures.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    This thread had a creepy title that probably set off alarms at Bowl1820's moderator headquarters.

But yeah, posting pics has always been difficult. Once you get a bunch on a free image hosting service...they end up disappearing or changing to a fee-based service...then ya gotta find another one. But, it is what it is. Thats why you don't see a ton of pictures.
    If I just joined here I can see it being a bit creepy. I'm pretty sure by now I've been around long enough where I don't set off a stalker or perv alert. I guess you never know these days though. It's just a couple G-rated pics that I thought was a cool of the way my mechanic had the pins set up for resting. No life forms involved, just bowling pins.

I tried exactly those instructions for posting pics but got nothing but errors. That's why I wanted to just send them to someone with a phone or email would work too. It's not that important, just thought you guys would find it interesting. No biggie, I'll try again some other time... or not. LOL

ppMkGJ5n][/url]

Here's the photos, just so you realize now I wasn't being creepy