Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving on...

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Nothing is actually anonymous online - I'm an IT guy at a college and I have to educate students about this every year, and every year some kid who knows more than I do (LOL) challenges me and . . . well, I win. (not me personally - I know people with skillz)

LOL - COLA - I haven't actually gotten a real COLA adjustment in years.

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by boomer View Post
    Nothing is actually anonymous online - I'm an IT guy at a college and I have to educate students about this every year, and every year some kid who knows more than I do (LOL) challenges me and . . . well, I win. (not me personally - I know people with skillz)

LOL - COLA - I haven't actually gotten a real COLA adjustment in years.
    @boomer...I'm a Sr. Security Analyst (CISSP) with a degree in Computer Forensics...lol. But my issue happened before I learned all that stuff
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

I'm not really all that interesting or important for anyone to really bother. If they wanna waste their time and money on me then they can have at it. They will be very disappointed in their findings. LOL

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    I'm not really all that interesting or important for anyone to really bother. If they wanna waste their time and money on me then they can have at it. They will be very disappointed in their findings. LOL
    Update on my daughter. FINRA contacted her today and they aren't done with their investigation. The social media thing was from her company.

To add to that she owns 2 rental houses and a 4 plex. She saw 2 people at her 4 plex on her security cameras peeking into windows. She posted their pics to FB asking if anyone recognized them. There were comments that they looked like people that had stole from their property. So the actual people contacted her and said it was them and they had an attitude with her for posting their pics. She told them they were trespassing and did not have permission to be on the property. They said they did and that they had got an email from Nancy telling them to go check it out. My daughters name is not Nancy...lol. Turns out someone grabbed her pics of her property and advertised it. They then asked the prospective 'tenants' to fill out a credit app, including their SS numbers. The 'victims' then threatened to sue my daughter for defamation because of the comments someone else posted. My daughter laughed and told her good luck with that...lol.

Sorry got off topic but still mentioning what can happen with social media
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Update on my daughter. FINRA contacted her today and they aren't done with their investigation. The social media thing was from her company.

To add to that she owns 2 rental houses and a 4 plex. She saw 2 people at her 4 plex on her security cameras peeking into windows. She posted their pics to FB asking if anyone recognized them. There were comments that they looked like people that had stole from their property. So the actual people contacted her and said it was them and they had an attitude with her for posting their pics. She told them they were trespassing and did not have permission to be on the property. They said they did and that they had got an email from Nancy telling them to go check it out. My daughters name is not Nancy...lol. Turns out someone grabbed her pics of her property and advertised it. They then asked the prospective 'tenants' to fill out a credit app, including their SS numbers. The 'victims' then threatened to sue my daughter for defamation because of the comments someone else posted. My daughter laughed and told her good luck with that...lol.

Sorry got off topic but still mentioning what can happen with social media
    Thing is, again it's hear say with those people. They did admit it was them. The people who commented may not have actually recognized them and we just being toxic? Maybe they did and had an axe to grind? They also could have simply looked like someone else? Nobody really knows.

Social media can be a great tool but it can also be toxic. One thing it is not is reliable. She could have just lost her potential best tenants ever. Yes it could be argued she advoided the worst. I guess she'll never know. That's why I go with my gut rather than this online world. If I mess up then shame on me.

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    Thing is, again it's hear say with those people. They did admit it was them. The people who commented may not have actually recognized them and we just being toxic? Maybe they did and had an axe to grind? They also could have simply looked like someone else? Nobody really knows.

Social media can be a great tool but it can also be toxic. One thing it is not is reliable. She could have just lost her potential best tenants ever. Yes it could be argued she advoided the worst. I guess she'll never know. That's why I go with my gut rather than this online world. If I mess up then shame on me.
    All 4 units were occupied so there was no reason for anyone to be peering into the windows so thats what got her suspicious. In the end it wasn't her being scammed but the people that thought they were responding to a legit ad and handed over their SS numbers. She said she is going to start watermarking all of her pics with her business phone number to help try to avoid this in the future
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

My first week complete. I have to say I'm very happy I made this move. The staff is extremely friendly and happy I came on board. The transition was very simple. A few minor excentricities in the methods but all and all very much the same.

They are very pleased I was able to hit the ground running and even though I'm in training I have been able to teach them a few things as well. So far it's been a lot of fun. What I like most is there is very little down time. With a place this size it's a constant flow always moving.

I'm enjoying the different clientele which the vast majority are serious bowlers. I'm going to learn a lot more about the game and be much more abreast regarding tournaments and other events than ever before.

Ironically, so far every day I've had customers come up to me who recognize me from the other center. They asked if I'm working at both places. LOL I tell them that every bowling center has a "Me" there. These are all people I haven't seen in quite some time, now I know why. I find it comforting seeing people I know or that know me in a large center where I came to knowing nobody.

The PSO which is the one I've been going to now for some time is hiring my son. Not to drill bowling balls but he's going to be in charge of handling surface changes, cleaning up, stocking and such. I see this as a wonderful opportunity for him. He's going to learn a ton about equipment which will be valuable in his quest for a bowling career. I'm very excited for him!

Also his boss is a silver level coach and he'll get free lessons! Moving to this center is going to help my son in so many ways, and my family as a whole. Again, I'm very happy I did this! One of the best decisions I've ever made.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

The problem with this anonymity is that when your son makes it to the top of the PBA we’ll have no idea that he’s related to you.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    The problem with this anonymity is that when your son makes it to the top of the PBA we’ll have no idea that he’s related to you.
    IF that should happen I'll PM you and let you in on it. Just remind me when that day comes.

Ringer

Lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12