Quote Originally Posted by boomer View Post
    It's still a hole in the water that you toss money into! LOL
    yep.

Break
    Out
    Another
    Thousand

lol
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Chats: 0

Anyone notice how this thread is no longer about ball polishing or ranting? <taking a bow> I'll be here all night... Tip your servers and try the caviar... Boatman is buying.

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Actually the truck cost more than the boat. But yeah I like my toys. Been thinking about selling the boat just cause of the cost. It's in storage right now but is broke. I have the outdrive here at home needing repair before next year. We have been lucky as far as repair costs go but this one will hurt...lol

BTW-anyone on here ever comes to the Pittsburgh area hit me up. We will either go bowl a few games or if the weather is nice we can go for a boat ride.
    You sell it then you'll have to go by Boatlessman. I dunno if it feel comfortable on a boat with these people on here anymore. Given how much crap I've recently given everyone. Especially if you happen to have a piece of lumber on board that's 2" thick and anywhere between 4 and 12" wide and 6 to 10' long. I have a feeling I'd be walking the plank. I'll stick to bowling where I'm safe.

Pittsburgh?... Pittsburgh? Like that's even a place. I'm fairly well traveled throughout the Continental US and have never met one person from Pittsburgh. Uh oh, I better shuddup, I can hear the faint sound of a stone sliding against a sword. I'm sorry Captain!

False alarm, I was just the wife sharpening our large butchers knife. Shew! Wait...WHAT?!... Gotta go!

Ringer

wait - there's WATER in Pittsburgh?

Wait... I have heard of Pittsburgh... that's the home of the Pirates! See... He DOES have a plank on his boat!! Boatman's A PIRATE!!! AHHHHHH!!!

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Most entertaining thread since Michael a.k.a. Iceman returned to his home planet.
    John

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    Wait... I have heard of Pittsburgh... that's the home of the Pirates! See... He DOES have a plank on his boat!! Boatman's A PIRATE!!! AHHHHHH!!!
    The Pirates couldn't even hit a baseball with a plank that size...lol
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    Most entertaining thread since Michael a.k.a. Iceman returned to his home planet.
    This thread pretty much is a sample of how I normally act in real life. I've always kept myself a quite reserved and mild on here somehow. However, given what was going on I felt it necessary to break out of character. If this is what you like I'd be happy to crank the dial up to 11. It would certainly liven things up.

There is no rule that because we're discussing bowling we have to be so serious. It's not like we're trying to cure Covid. Now and again it's okay to poke fun at ourselves and each other or life in general. Bowling can be serious but something to also be enjoyed.

Guys like Kyle Troup get that. That's why in a serious match for a ton of money and title on the line he whips out his hair pick and makes faces at the camera or his opponent. It's supposed to be fun! If you walk around life so uptight that you couldn't get a greased BB up your rear all the time, you'll never enjoy anything.

Life is short enough, try to enjoy it and the people around you. You'll end up living longer and happier. Note: The above is not directed at any one person or people in particular, it is a very and general broad nonspecific statement. I certainly meant no offense to anyone.

I tried taking things seriously once, I didn't like it. Find a happy medium though, take it from me. Being too silly all the time has it's drawbacks too. For example; if your wife is giving birth and saying things like "Damn, this reminds me... I forgot to set the DVR to record Alien!" NOT RECOMMENDED!

I told my wife she'd laugh about it later. My son is 20 and she hasn't cracked a smile about it yet. All that got me is having to hold her hand while having my body AWAY from her when the next two were born. So use caution but please don't forget to have some fun people!

High Roller

Alot of times I post on here just thinking out loud thinking it might be a learning experience but also just to get some chatter going on here. I enjoy coming on here and reading anything, whether it relates to me or not. I know me and Rob have had disagreements but I do value his knowledge, just sometimes get frustrated with how he conveys it....lol. But it's all good. I'd even give him a ride in our boat if he ever ventured out this way and we'd probably have a blast.

But I was serious about the boat ride thing. Anyone on here ever in my area let me know. If possible we will go for a nice boat ride then go bowl a few after that. Our boat stays in the water from the end of May until the end of September so it's always ready. Not like I have to tow it to the river and get it ready. Drive to the marina, park the truck, walk to the boat, take the cover off, turn the blowers on (evacuates any fumes that might be in the engine bay) than after 5 minutes fire it up and go. Open invite to anyone on here.
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

High Roller

So last night I couldn't keep the ball on the left side of the head pin. Went down to my weakest ball and still no good. The only other options I had was my spare ball or my Rhino that is cracked across the bridge so my fingers aren't fitting very tight now. I moved right as far as I was comfortable with and any further I was probably better off just going across the nose from the left. The 'weakest' ball is my Hammer Black Widow Gold with P5000 on it. Thinking about picking up a Hammer Raw pearl for when they get that dry. Granted last night isn't the norm but this is the 3rd or 4th time this season they have been like this and I don't have many options. I know Rob doesn't like hearing this but I prefer to change balls than to make too big of a change in my lines. Just what works for me. We have a 2 hander on our team that averages about 215 and he had the same issues last night. He rolled 277 in game 1 but only like 205 the next 2 games cause he couldn't keep it on the right side of the head pin. He balled down as far as he could go then moved left as far as he could but then his accuracy suffered.
    Last night I went in early and spent 2 games practicing spares. Might go in early next week and try 2 games standing very far right and see what happens. I did ball back up after I moved right and did ok as far as hitting the pocket but my accuracy wasn't as good. I'm sure practice will help with that but will see. PSO said he felt this would be a good one for me for those conditions.
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234