Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: dry lane ball

  1. #11
    Pin Crusher Phonetek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    West Suburbs of Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,482
    Chats: 0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boomer View Post
    I would just note to double check.

    If you're meaning bowling polishing agents, sure. I'd likely agree because bowling companies should (SHOULD) know not to put waxes like carnauba in them.

    But a lot of people will grab 3M products or other products . . .


    SO - it's worth checking the ingredients to make sure they don't have waxes (typically carnauba) in them. Not really disagreeing with you, just putting a caveat in there.
    Isn't wax basically what used to be in those old Luster King machines?

  2. #12
    Super Moderator
    bowl1820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Central, Florida
    Posts
    6,682
    Blog Entries
    12
    Chats: 554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    Isn't wax basically what used to be in those old Luster King machines?
    The Lustre King machines typically used a buffing compound (Standard, Highly Reactive and the Lustre Sheen compound) not a wax per se, there were also some compounds made by other companies like DBA Blue Genie (one of the Genie products though I think it was called green Genie. You never wanted to get that on a resin ball, it killed them dead they wouldn't hook at all and you had to sand it off.).

    Now before the resin era there might have been a actual "wax one" I can't say for sure, I never seen one. (The oldest machine I've seen was one that used 3-4 plastic brushes to brush the old rubber balls clean. that and the old machine that would wash the ball first and then polish it.)
    "
    Now there was a wax (at least they called a wax, In fact that was the name "Ball Wax") that I liked for Urethane and plastic balls. You couldn't use it on a resin ball though it would plug the pores up.

    And yes you should check any product you use to make sure they don't contain any wax's or silicone's. Now there a lot of 3M products that can be used and a lot of bowling products are made by 3M or their products just rebranded.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 10-13-2021 at 04:15 PM.

    Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

    "Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

  3. #13
    Pin Crusher Phonetek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    West Suburbs of Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,482
    Chats: 0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    The Lustre King machines typically used a buffing compound (Standard, Highly Reactive and the Lustre Sheen compound) not a wax per se, there were also some compounds made by other companies like DBA Blue Genie (one of the Genie products though I think it was called green Genie. You never wanted to get that on a resin ball, it killed them dead they wouldn't hook at all and you had to sand it off.).

    Now before the resin era there might have been a actual "wax one" I can't say for sure, I never seen one. (The oldest machine I've seen was one that used 3-4 plastic brushes to brush the old rubber balls clean. that and the old machine that would wash the ball first and then polish it.)
    "
    Now there was a wax (at least they called a wax, In fact that was the name "Ball Wax") that I liked for Urethane and plastic balls. You couldn't use it on a resin ball though it would plug the pores up.

    And yes you should check any product you use to make sure they don't contain any wax's or silicone's. Now there a lot of 3M products that can be used and a lot of bowling products are made by 3M or their products just rebranded.
    I haven't seen any ball cleaning machines in years. With ball spinners so easy to obtain for anyone serious, it's a pointless thing to have. Especially since they'd end up doing more harm than good with people putting the wrong type of ball in them.

    Now if they made a machine to where you could choose the grit you wanted for a couple bucks it would probably be popular. Problem is people who didn't know how it worked would be putting plastic ball in there expecting a mirror shine and they'd come out dull.

    It's best to leave ball care to the PSO's and people with their own spinners. It eliminates a lot of headaches and makes the PSO's more money.

  4. #14
    Super Moderator
    bowl1820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Central, Florida
    Posts
    6,682
    Blog Entries
    12
    Chats: 554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post

    Now if they made a machine to where you could choose the grit you wanted for a couple bucks it would probably be popular.
    They've had that for years now it's called the Storm Surface Factory.


    Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

    "Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •