Thread: Blame it on the oil machine LOL

Chats: 0

Default Blame it on the oil machine LOL

I had a discussion last night with a bowler who said the oil machine isn't working properly. He said because the pair he was bowling on was a board and a half difference. 🙄

I told him there is a wide variety of reasons including human error and not repeating his shots exactly the same on both lanes. When he denied that being possible I mentioned topography differences. He said that's not possible on synthetic lanes. 🙄SMH. Since the discussion was pointless I just said "Yep, it's gotta be the oiler then." and went about my business.

Some people it's just a wasted effort to try to educate them.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    I had a discussion last night with a bowler who said the oil machine isn't working properly. He said because the pair he was bowling on was a board and a half difference. 🙄

I told him there is a wide variety of reasons including human error and not repeating his shots exactly the same on both lanes. When he denied that being possible I mentioned topography differences. He said that's not possible on synthetic lanes. 🙄SMH. Since the discussion was pointless I just said "Yep, it's gotta be the oiler then." and went about my business.

Yep, that discussion wasn't going anywhere. When a bowler gets set in their belief that it's the oiler, you can't change it even if you got a mountain of evidence to prove it's not.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post

Any time you start by saying it might be your fault the other person will get defensive and stop listening with an open mind.
    John

Pin Crusher

I've bowled on a synthetic set that played 6 boards (standing) from each other. Learn to move....
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

Ringer

Lol!

You might want to explain to this guy that the sheets of synthetic material that make up the lanes are approximately 3/8" thick. They are mounted to wooden frames that react to changes in temperature and humidity. Make the analogy to linoleum flooring. Have you ever seen a linoleum floor that didn't have some bumps and bubbles in it? It the same with synthetic lanes. It's all about the flatness of the lane at the breakpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    You might want to explain to this guy that the sheets of synthetic material that make up the lanes are approximately 3/8" thick. They are mounted to wooden frames that react to changes in temperature and humidity. Make the analogy to linoleum flooring. Have you ever seen a linoleum floor that didn't have some bumps and bubbles in it? It the same with synthetic lanes. It's all about the flatness of the lane at the breakpoint.
    Again, trying to be logical with the illogical people is a waste of time. Let him blame it on whatever he wants while he continues to donate pot money into others with sense pockets. Maybe when he's broke enough he may educate himself more.