Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Odd rule...

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    Regarding the last part about the average. If the school is ISHA and USBC, why are they not required to be card caring members? Also his average and scores from last school year do not appear on the USBC website. That makes me skeptical.
    They might not be USBC certified or connected with the IHSA, I don't know. The USBC is just mentioned on the IHSA Homepage. If You and your son want to participate in his High School programs, You should go to them and any relevent Associations and the people involved to get the best possible answers.

I would understand that they may not have to pay for membership or dues, it may be included because it's through a school. I would imagine if these were in fact certified through either entity that they would have a card of sort even if it's free?

I did find one loophole though. Apparently what kids are doing who are on the Grand Prix league (non-hs league) who are also on the hs team is pre-bowling each week rather than bowling on Saturday morning. Why that makes a difference I don't know. However by them doing that it allows them to maintain their book average and stay on the league for it's duration. Once school league is over then they can show up on Saturday mornings.

It's all really stupid if you ask me. What do they care how many leagues a kid is on? It's pigeon holding them to either just do the hs stuff or sneak around and all the kids want to do is bowl and get better.

From my understanding a youth would only lose their Junior status of they bowl on an adult league where prize money of any kind is exchanged. They can't even be a pacer if there is so much as mystery pot. It wouldn't make sense to lose Junior status for bowling on another Junior league even during hs league.
    Well not being there, We can only guess. Some of this sounds like conflicting league schedules. Say if the Grand Prix league bowls on Saturday and so does the High School team that's probably going to be a problem.

Again, these ISHA rules only appear to be in Illinois and Michigan. I think it's ridiculous if that's the case. Geography shouldn't screw with progress. This is all giving me a headache.
    Since the ISHA only appears to be a State or local regional association and not a "National Organization" it rules only appearing to be in Illinois and Michigan make sense.

Just do your do diligence and ask the School, Association etc. They are the ones that can properly answer these questions.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 0

We're just going to play the game and follow the rules. He'll finished prebowling for the league to comply with their dumb guidelines. As far as getting outside coaching... We have 7 coaches that are either bronze or silver level at my disposal. He's GOING to utilize them as much as possible no matter what anyone says. They can bite me. For all anyone knows if they see them, they are talking about work or another bowler.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12