Thread: Still want another ball

Chats: 0

Default Still want another ball

I really like what I see with the Motiv Pride. I’ve been seeing them pop up more and more at this center and I like the way they react. They aren’t crazy arcing balls and look like they would compliment my style. The owners are very happy with them too.

Since I can’t physically Bowl it seems stupid to go buy a new ball right now. Especially since I don’t know how long it will be before I can. I do hope eventually I’ll be able to. With how fast balls get discontinued these days and a new one introduced I’d hate to miss out on the opportunity.

What would you guys do?

It seems that balls don't last long in their company's catalog; however, there are several models that have been in the catalog for a longer time.
    Storm has their Hy-Road, Hy-Road Pearl and IQ Tour Edition. Hammer keeps their Black Widow ball around and Ebonite has their Gamebreaker balls around.
    Motiv keeps their Venom Shock in the catalog.
    If you like any of these in your bag, then legacy balls are what you desire. As for the Pride it looks quite similar to the Venom Shock. I wonder if they're different enough to have both in your bag. Choosing one ore the other, I'd go for the legacy ball.
    As for me I lost my IQ Tour 30 ball which is equivalent to the OG IQ Tour Pearl. There are none in the catalog now. I'd like to have a similar ball handy. I picked up a Hustle RAP thinking it might do the trick. Got an Electrify Hybrid, too. Now my eye caught glimpse of the 900 Global Wolverine which a bit higher RG and more differential. Looks like a snappy ball for sure. Still not convinced.
    Good luck on keeping your eyes open to new options for the future and hope you can get back on the lanes to bowl soon...

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    I really like what I see with the Motiv Pride. I’ve been seeing them pop up more and more at this center and I like the way they react. They aren’t crazy arcing balls and look like they would compliment my style. The owners are very happy with them too.

Since I can’t physically Bowl it seems stupid to go buy a new ball right now. Especially since I don’t know how long it will be before I can. I do hope eventually I’ll be able to. With how fast balls get discontinued these days and a new one introduced I’d hate to miss out on the opportunity.

What would you guys do?
    Given the tendency of modern bowling to crack when not used for a period of time, I would hold off. If you’re on good terms with your PSO maybe you can get him to give you a heads up when he hears that the Pride is being discontinued.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by djp1080 View Post
    It seems that balls don't last long in their company's catalog; however, there are several models that have been in the catalog for a longer time.
    Storm has their Hy-Road, Hy-Road Pearl and IQ Tour Edition. Hammer keeps their Black Widow ball around and Ebonite has their Gamebreaker balls around.
    Motiv keeps their Venom Shock in the catalog.
    If you like any of these in your bag, then legacy balls are what you desire. As for the Pride it looks quite similar to the Venom Shock. I wonder if they're different enough to have both in your bag. Choosing one ore the other, I'd go for the legacy ball.
    As for me I lost my IQ Tour 30 ball which is equivalent to the OG IQ Tour Pearl. There are none in the catalog now. I'd like to have a similar ball handy. I picked up a Hustle RAP thinking it might do the trick. Got an Electrify Hybrid, too. Now my eye caught glimpse of the 900 Global Wolverine which a bit higher RG and more differential. Looks like a snappy ball for sure. Still not convinced.
    Good luck on keeping your eyes open to new options for the future and hope you can get back on the lanes to bowl soon...
    Yeah it does seem some of the balls go the distance and hang in there for a long time. The venom shock has definitely earned it's place. My son and I have 2 of them each. He's wanting another one. As for the Pride, it is fairly similar to the VS but has a tiny bit more snap to it on the back end but seems to also hold the line longer. That's based on my observations and what I've been told.

I love the VS but I'd rather not buy a 3rd. I haven't had 3 of the same ball since my Original Yellow Dot bleeder days. I'm pretty sure I had at least 5 or 6 of those not including the one I had new in the box that cracked when it fell on wifey's foot 7 years ago.

As far as getting back on the lanes, I'm fairly confident I will be. Thank you for that though. I have an appointment Friday for a procedure. Will see how it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    Given the tendency of modern bowling to crack when not used for a period of time, I would hold off. If you’re on good terms with your PSO maybe you can get him to give you a heads up when he hears that the Pride is being discontinued.
    Sorry I can't multi quote on mobile. I hope I'm not gone for that long! Usually NIB still in the plastic bag takes a while to crack. That said, you never know. I'm pretty sure if any ball cracked before drilling any company would replace it free of charge. Well not 5 years later but within a reasonable amount of time.

As for my PSO, yeah it's the guy I've been raving about all year. I sent him a ton of business when I worked at the old place. Now he's in the same center I work in now. Plus my son works for him. As long as my son doesn't **** him off I'm good as gold.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    Sorry I can't multi quote on mobile. I hope I'm not gone for that long! Usually NIB still in the plastic bag takes a while to crack. That said, you never know. I'm pretty sure if any ball cracked before drilling any company would replace it free of charge. Well not 5 years later but within a reasonable amount of time.

As for my PSO, yeah it's the guy I've been raving about all year. I sent him a ton of business when I worked at the old place. Now he's in the same center I work in now. Plus my son works for him. As long as my son doesn't **** him off I'm good as gold.
    Even if your son does or says the wrong thing at work you might still be ok. Biblically it’s the sins of the father that screw up the son’s life, not the other way around.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    Even if your son does or says the wrong thing at work you might still be ok. Biblically it’s the sins of the father that screw up the son’s life, not the other way around.
    LOL True. His problem is he sees the way I act and tries to copy my with the things he says. What he fails to realize I have 5 decades of experience being sarcastic and know what, who and how to say things. People laugh when I say it but get completely offended when he does. The PSO has a sense of humor and is a cool dude. I'm not exactly walking on eggshells with him. I'm pretty sure he'll take good care of me.

High Roller

Grabbed my old Rhino from the storage room tonight only to see it is cracked right across the bridge. I tried throwing it a couple of times but the finger holes seem pretty loose now and it kept slipping off. PSO said if it gets worse he can fix it. I told him if it gets worse it's going in the dumpster...lol. So yeah +1 more on letting balls sit around not being good. Haven't thrown that one in over a year probably.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!