Thread: Cup? Nah - ball cross!

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Default Cup? Nah - ball cross!

I've been 3d printing for a few years and one of the things I wanted was a good ball cup. Never found one that I liked and when I started to design one (using tinkercad) I fought the cups. . . and decided why a CUP? So I designed this and it works SWEET. I added a TINY nubbin right in the middle/bottom that I'm not sure about right now but it's easy to sand off. My father-in-law and I have a couple of them and have been using them for over a year and love them.

This is for a buddy in the league who wants one for each on his team.

What do you think? Anything to add? I'm thinking a hole for a ring so I can attach a "thing" so I won't lose it! LOL

THAT is pretty cool, very creative! I just bought a bunch of standard black plastic ones not but two weeks ago. I would have much rather got these.

I also have a squishy rubber donut one that I use when I'm working on a ball so it don't turn on me and it don't slide around on the table. I like that one better but it cost a lot more per unit. I like these Boomer, VERY well done!

Ringer

Very cool! If you lived around here, you could sell a whole boatload of these. Our center, in their infinite wisdom, just went through and removed the extra/spare ball racks on all 48 lanes. Now bowlers are struggling with where to put their spare balls and whatnot. Now we have people putting balls in cups all over the floor and settee area, in chairs at the tables, on the tables, etc. Our ball returns only hold 12 balls, but when you have five-person teams bowling there can be times when there needs to be room for 20+ balls.

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    THAT is pretty cool, very creative! I just bought a bunch of standard black plastic ones not but two weeks ago. I would have much rather got these.

I also have a squishy rubber donut one that I use when I'm working on a ball so it don't turn on me and it don't slide around on the table. I like that one better but it cost a lot more per unit. I like these Boomer, VERY well done!
    that's a good idea. I can't do multi-material, but I could easily take a strip of foam-tape and put it on two of the arms. . . maybe reduce their height that thickness. . . hmmmmm.

That's the kind of thought I'm looking for.

Cool, glad I could help. I guess it depends on what you're using the cup for? Working on a ball you want it to stay put. The basic ones I got to keep them off the floor rolling around since I no longer have a rack. Which I assume is why you made them for use at the bowling alley to keep them staying put due to the crowded rack.

Yours are great for display too. I have my retired balls on cups on my fireplace mantle on our bowling wall of fame. They were previously sitting on rolls of electrical tape. LOL Hey! It served the purpose. It wasn't exactly the safest or idea way, if they got bumped accidentally we'd have a very large hole in the floor.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Looks great, do some vapor smoothing to smooth and polish it. Would really make it look sharp.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker